Suggestions for a first time visitor to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Suggestions for a first time visitor to Syracuse

LaTechFan

Walk On
Hey there Orange fans, I'll be making the trip up to Syracuse tomorrow for the game and have never been to the city/campus/dome. Any restaurants, campus sites, pre/post game activities, etc I should check out during my day in town?

Looking forward to a fun game and good atmosphere tomorrow!

Hey there Orange fans, I'll be making the trip up to Syracuse tomorrow for the game and have never been to the city/campus/dome. Any restaurants, campus sites, pre/post game activities, etc I should check out during my day in town?

Looking forward to a fun game and good atmosphere tomorrow!

There are only 2 reasons to go to Syracuse.
One of them is to go to a game in the Carrier Dome.
The other is to go to Wegman's...the greatest supermarket in the world.
Sounds stupid...but Wegman's rocks.
Do yourself a favor...go to the game...go to Wegman's and get out of town.
Your day will be complete.
Safe trip.

Oh...if you're a boxing fan and have time...the International Boxing hall Fame is about 15 miles east of town on the NY State Thruway.
But check their hours.

Wait, you're coming to Syracuse?!?!?!?!?!? Why!?!?!?!?!?!? It's been over taken by zombies! Stay out! We're all already dead here anyway!

But seriously, Dinosaur BBQ can be a lot of fun.

Head to the Marshall Street area and get yourself a cheap pitcher of beer at Chuck's and then go grab a slice at Varsity Pizza before the game.

Head to the Marshall Street area and get yourself a cheap pitcher of beer at Chuck's and then go grab a slice at Varsity Pizza before the game.
Also if you like to pick up souveniers when you travel stop into Mannys on Marshall St. Just don't stop in Shirt World. I've never had a problem but many here have.

Welcome to Syracuse, all the comments above are good suggestions. Hope you have a good weekend. :)