SUMB at MetLife? | Syracusefan.com

SUMB at MetLife?

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Will they be there?
The proper answer, of course, is "yes". However, the way some things have gone of late, I don't know if that's a safe assumption.

It would be more than sad if outsiders perceive this as an SU home game at which the only band present was from the visiting school.

Of course they should be because according to the USC sched from their website the game is being held "at" Syracuse. Even they know it's a "home" game.

2012 SCHEDULE

spacer-000000.gif

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
spacer.gif

09/01/12 vs. Hawai'i
media-icon-tv.gif
L.A. Coliseum W, 49-10
09/08/12 at Syracuse
media-icon-tv.gif
E. Rutherford, N.J. 12:30 p.m. PT

09/15/12 at Stanford *
media-icon-tv.gif
Palo Alto, Calif. 4:30 p.m. PT

Will they be there?
The proper answer, of course, is "yes". However, the way some things have gone of late, I don't know if that's a safe assumption.

It would be more than sad if outsiders perceive this as an SU home game at which the only band present was from the visiting school.
Really? You are worried about a lame band with a bad show in one of the worse continuing traditons in sports?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The USC band will be there. Just a smaller version.

I hope if it's hot they provide the band with coolers of water in NYC. At the game Saturday when the band disbursed for a few minutes after performing on the quad, about 5 band members came over to me asking where I got my water. I pointed out the stand and they asked if band members had to pay. When we looked at the stand a worker had overheard us and was nodding "yes". They then told me they had to be there from 8:30am, were so hot and thirsty. I handed them my new water bottle, my husband's water bottle, then my brother-in-law gave them a water bottle and some money was included for the remainder to get their own. It was hotter than blazes and I can't believe, while performing for the university that no water was provided for those kids.

Later on I met a friend who ironically told me that his daughter was a frosh band member (I hadn't known that). I told him about the kids we just ran into. He said his daughter had just left after drinking a bottle of water he had purchased for her. He said if he hadn't been at the game or she hadn't spotted him, she might have had to beg for water from fans too. I sure hope someone does something about this. These kids work their tails off doing something worthwhile and for their safety at the very least, basics like water should be provided free of charge.

Really? You are worried about a lame band with a bad show in one of the worse continuing traditons in sports?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Your lips to CNY's ears.

I'd rather listen/watch the marching band play then listen to Mr. Excitement and garbage they incessantly play over again on the crappy loud speakers.

SU just needs to put more into the band, give more scholarships and make it something that's worthwhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom