summary of Clemson Board of Trustees meeting by Chair | Syracusefan.com

summary of Clemson Board of Trustees meeting by Chair

...appears to be what we have previously heard. Clemson is committed to making their football and athletic teams the best they can be. We are in the ACC...but if contacted by another conference we would listen to what they have to say.
I would not have expected anything like..."we wont listen"...only news is Clemson has not been approached at this time.

not sure what anyone expected? even if he says we're not listening everyone would call him a liar. off course they're listening, there's not a President, or Chancellor in the nation that wouldn't listen if a bigger confernce called them up.

his statement to me says they would take a hard look and do a thorough analysis if an offer came and at the end of the day they might stay they might not they would do what's in their best interest. IMHO, they would stay.

--------------------

"haven't been contacted by anybody"; "if were contacted" ... "would obviously listen"; "we would consider any viable option ... if we received any".

I thought schools had to contact conferences; that a conference contacting a school might be liable for inducing the breaking of a contract (example: Baylor threats against A&M)??

I believe this is going to be all about FSU and their internal decision (President versus outgoing Board Chair and donors, fans and so on on either side).

Doubt GT or Miami leave with Clemson.

Would Clemson leave with a school like UL as #12 and an eastern bloc of WVU, UL, Clemson. That really would be an academic downgrade by association, leaving aside the geography.

So is this a request to be contacted?

Or perhaps a way to buy time and let the process play out until FSU gets the ball rolling?

--------------------

Would Clemson leave with a school like UL as #12 and an eastern bloc of WVU, UL, Clemson. That really would be an academic downgrade by association, leaving aside the geography.

Would the Bevo12 even bother with expansion if FSU wasn't going to be part of it?

Would the Bevo12 even bother with expansion if FSU wasn't going to be part of it?

------------------

Would have to believe becomes less likely:

One of the key issues for BIg 12 would be creating 2 divisions for a 12 team conference.

If the UT/OK 6 want to be in one division, then does WVU, Clemson, perhaps UL along with KSU, KU, ISU create a comparable division from a competitive or even TV marketing perspective?

One incentive is a conference playoff, but do all these teams want to travel to Clemson and perhaps UL (as well as WVU) and lose annual games against UT and OK and other Texas schools.

Right now they have the most regionally compact conference, outside of WV. They will be making excellent money and have the security of the TV GOR.

The other significant unknown is what understanding might exist if the Big 12 adds teams 11-12 or more. What would ESPN and FOX pay if FSU was not part of an expansion?

In honor of EDSBS, Fu ck Clemson.

QN8oD.jpg

not sure what anyone expected? even if he says we're not listening everyone would call him a liar. off course they're listening, there's not a President, or Chancellor in the nation that wouldn't listen if a bigger confernce called them up.

his statement to me says they would take a hard look and do a thorough analysis if an offer came and at the end of the day they might stay they might not they would do what's in their best interest. IMHO, they would stay.
i'm sure they have already done a thorough analysis

i'm sure they have already done a thorough analysis

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The new ACC tv contract was just signed within the last couple of weeks and it's the ACC tv contract that has got everybody up in arms. Clemson has had no reason and no desire to explore other options until the last couple of weeks. No way they've done an analysis in that time period and I doubt any of the BOT's even know what the fine print in the ACC TV deal is. That's evident by the numbskull at FSU.

IF taking their word at somewhat face value a large part of the meeting yesterday was just to seperate fact from fiction - which I tend to believe - because there is so much bullsp1t out there. A lot of the fact from fiction may have been to comb through the ACC TV contract and see where they stand financially on the deal.