Sunday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Sunday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
jim-boeheim-syracuse.jpg

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim, whom I’ve enjoyed watching choke deep into the NCAA tournament for many years in a row now, announced that it would make sense to move the ACC tournament to Madison Square Garden. Boeheim opined, “Where would you want to go to a tournament for five days? Let’s see. Greensboro or New York City?”

stameys.jpeg

Ha ha! What a funny guy. Clearly Boeheim has never eaten at Stamey’s Barbecue right across the street from the Greensboro Coliseum or he wouldn’t be so quick to judge.

It’s the sheer un-Southerness of Boeheim that offends me. No sooner than he is invited into the hallowed halls of the ACC than he’s already being rude to his new benefactors. He’s the New Guy. He needs to sit in the back of the room and shut up. At least for the next six or seven years.
TSN

Former Players

alg_carmelo-anthony-hong-kong.jpg

Melo at a loss for words

LaLa-Vazquez-In-Underwear.png

La La Anthony isn't scared of the scale

Former University of Miami guard Robert Hite has hit another rough patch, with NBA journeyman Demetris Nichols brought in by his French League team while Hite deals with an Achilles injury.
SS

Mayor Bing won't make friendly bet on Tigers with Mayor Bloomberg

Around The Big East

Will the Big East’s tenuous future have any bearing on this basketball season

Around The Nation

Lessons learned from Tennessee fallout

University News

Chancellor focuses on 'public good' as ranking declines

Syracuse University Chinese flash mob (in bird library)

Syracuse University alumnus has made Monday the perfect day to go meatless or start other healthy things

Syracuse University group gets off on wrong foot in creating new Syracuse Phil

The TSN article by the illustrious Celia Rivenbark is exactly why i continue to feel some concern over this move to the ACC. Northerners are not welcome down there and we will always be considered as foreigners to their beloved southern traditions. This is also why we need a few more non-southern teams in to balance the overall environment.

I think "foreigners" is the correct word. I hope that she was tongue in cheek, but I doubt it.

I think "foreigners" is the correct word. I hope that she was tongue in cheek, but I doubt it.

If you weren't born in the South, you will never be a Southerner. And God help you if you say something to the effect, "This is the way we did it in the North."

Celia should examine her Hallowed ACC /Southern remarks.The League wouldn't have been so hallowed without these NYERS (I'm just posting a Few of the hated Yankee's from NY) Billy Cunningham (Brooklyn) Len Elmore (NY NY) Sam Perkins (Latham NY) King Rice,Art Heyman(Rockville Center NY),Christian Laettner (Angola NY),Stephon Marbury(Brooklyn) Tom Riker (Oyster Bay) Player Coach Larry Brown (Long Beach NY) 1st Black Player in the ACC Charlie Scott (NY NY) Kenny Anderson (Queens) Lennie Rosenbluth,Kenny Smith,Doug Moe,Olden Polynice,Tom Sheehey CoachBobby Cremmins,Frank McGuire Player Coach Rick Carlisle (Lisbon NY)

Celia should examine her Hallowed ACC /Southern remarks.The League wouldn't have been so hallowed without these NYERS (I'm just posting a Few of the hated Yankee's from NY) Billy Cunningham (Brooklyn) Len Elmore (NY NY) Sam Perkins (Latham NY) King Rice,Art Heyman(Rockville Center NY),Christian Laettner (Angola NY),Stephon Marbury(Brooklyn) Tom Riker (Oyster Bay) Player Coach Larry Brown (Long Beach NY) 1st Black Player in the ACC Charlie Scott (NY NY) Kenny Anderson (Queens) Lennie Rosenbluth,Kenny Smith,Doug Moe,Olden Polynice,Tom Sheehey CoachBobby Cremmins,Frank McGuire Player Coach Rick Carlisle (Lisbon NY)

All true, but they came to be a part of the Southern teams and not be on a Northern team that played against the good old ACC teams.

Interesting that Celia is billed as the female Dave Barry. There wasn't too much fun in that column.