Sunday Practice 4/14 ... looks like outside at Manley complex. | Syracusefan.com

Sunday Practice 4/14 ... looks like outside at Manley complex.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2013/4/12/FB_0412132649.aspx

The Syracuse football team will hold its last open practice of the spring this Sunday, April 14, at 1:30 p.m. at the Schwartzwalder-Katz practice fields in the Lampe Athletics Complex behind Manley Field House. Orange nation is invited to watch the team practice as they prepare for its annual Spring Game. Parking will be available in the Manley South lots.

SU Orange Football@CuseFootball2h
► Don't forget, practice is open today! [1:30pm, on the practice fields outside Manley Field House.]

coach lester.jpg

Well at least it's not snowing. Coach Lester instructing.

I hope Drew Allen is the real deal. I'm not overly impressed with the QB's today. Hunt if the best of the group. The defense looks very fast and confident. There's some questions at wide receiver too.

I thought Hunt looked better than Kinder and Loeb today, a little separation I think.

The defense looks really fast and aggressive. Some big hitters on that squad.

Jerome is going to be a force this year, looks faster and stronger than last year. Seems to have a little more shake to him when he gets through the hole.

John Raymon, Bromley and Zian Jones are going to be a nice rotation at the DT spots.

Looked as though Kirkland was playing with the ones the whole afternoon at OLB. He definitely looks bigger than the 198 listed on the SU site.

Manley was rotating in with the ones at DE

Spring scrimmages are always tough to judge, you have nothing outside to compare the team to. The offense looked good at times but did it look bad at others because the defense is good?

I guess we won't know until Penn State.

I though Ivan Foy at RT looked gigantic and he moved pretty well.

Some nice catches were made on the defensive sideline where all the die hards were watching.

Another great grab by Kobena...and then he was gone to the end zone, nobody is catching that young man this year. EDIT: Kobenas grab was in 1 vs 1 DB drills, he shook free and was gone. Alvin Cornelius looked good too I thought.

Eskridge got thrown out of the scrimmage for punching after a play, coach Shafer was not happy. It got real combative a little more than halfway through the scrimmage portion. A few scuffles.

Seemed as though the secondary blew coverage a few times when the 2's were in.

Eskridge and Wilkes were the safeties that got the most work with the ones. Wigham came in the Okie Package today.

GMIII looked good, had a few nice runs but as I said Jerome was a beast. Nice long TD run right up the middle.

Damn it was cold.

Trying to relay what I can from memory, sorry if it isn't the best update guys.

No internet to use the iPad to take notes.

Rome sounds like he'd developing into an 28-carry-per-game NFL-style back. Great to hear. Aim for 2 1000yd rushers.

You thought Kirkland looked big? He looked like a DB to me. Pretty lanky. He makes Spruill look more like a MLB, tho :)

He did have a nice practice. My favorite play of his was when he was playing the contain end on the field goal unit, the kick got blocked and he chased down and tackled the kid who picked up the ball and was running for a touchdown. The best part was no one tried to block him because he was in his red jersey. The defenders told him he needs to change his jersey when he's on that unit.

Looked as though Kirkland was playing with the ones the whole afternoon at OLB. He definitely looks bigger than the 198 listed on the SU site.

Rome sounds like he'd developing into an 28-carry-per-game NFL-style back. Great to hear. Aim for 2 1000yd rushers.

Could be. He's got all the tools but hopefully his conditioning is much improved since last year. I recall seeing him run a few times in a series and looking winded and needing to head to the sideline. If he improves his stamina he'll be an RB that no other team will look forward to facing.

No internet to use the iPad to take notes.
For future reference, just use the standard Notes app (or similar) to take offline notes.

For future reference, just use the standard Notes app (or similar) to take offline notes.

Thanks, I am not used to that thing yet, just got it a week or so ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom