Sunday thoughts on Pitt and SU in general | Syracusefan.com

Sunday thoughts on Pitt and SU in general

jekelish

Living Legend
Just felt the need to finally convince myself that, no matter how much I want to believe differently, this team is who we realistically, deep down, knew they were all along. Too many limitations to overcome.

http://.com/sunday-hangover-orange-fall-at-pittsburgh/

Just felt the need to finally convince myself that, no matter how much I want to believe differently, this team is who we realistically, deep down, knew they were all along. Too many limitations to overcome.

http://.com/sunday-hangover-orange-fall-at-pittsburgh/
"I will never doubt the collective heart." Good line. Our team does have heart, but no matter what Hollywood tells us, sometimes heart is not enough.

I LOVED watching that Simpson clip and laughed out loud. Thank you!

"But once again, there was almost a complete failure by the rest of their teammates to step up. Trevor Cooney finished with 12 points, but hit just 1-of-7 three pointers. That one make was his first attempt off the game, too. It’s never a good sign when your designated shooter misses each of his last six attempts from beyond the arc."

I have to say my biggest takeaway from this one is that JB will go with Cooney for no reason whatsoever. We were playing much better with him off the floor, he had four fouls, and yet he brings him back in with over 10 minutes to play. It's decisions like that that always make me go hmmmmmmmmm, and wonder if at times it isn't tooooo much about JB's comfort level and less about how we're playing.

It wasn't an insane decision or anything - just surprising he went back to TC after we rolled up an 8-2 run on Pitt once he left, and yet there he was coming back on the court 2 minutes later.

I have to say my biggest takeaway from this one is that JB will go with Cooney for no reason whatsoever. We were playing much better with him off the floor, he had four fouls, and yet he brings him back in with over 10 minutes to play. It's decisions like that that always make me go hmmmmmmmmm, and wonder if at times it isn't tooooo much about JB's comfort level and less about how we're playing.

It wasn't an insane decision or anything - just surprising he went back to TC after we rolled up an 8-2 run on Pitt once he left, and yet there he was coming back on the court 2 minutes later.
JB brought Cooney back in because Pitt had switched to a zone defense. Cooney at least has a chance of making a 3 pt shot if he can get some space, the other 2 guys not much.