SUNY Albany | Syracusefan.com

SUNY Albany

I was at the game last night. Unbelievable three pointer with 1.5 seconds to go to break the tie at 44. Brutal game to watch offensively. No one would attack the rim and neither team has a reliable shooter from the outside. Refs were surprisingly one-sided (Albany's favor for sure) and bad.

First time ever having the CTO seats - sat right under the basket near where Brennan sits. He was there last night looking much older than I've ever seen him. The other kid from Australia they have is good but he should have been called for about 6 offensive fouls last night. Pushes with the off hand constantly.

Probably the eldest of the Rowley brothers, Sam.
Wait. Someone in the state of NY actually had home cooking in their favor? Shoot, pass those refs along our way.

From a quick look at the roster, Sam is the only Sr on the team. So Will Brown is just chugging along through another year, making that program competitive with a good chance of another tournament, the beat just goes on and on. Kudos to he and the other SUNY faithful, it is good to see them enjoying sustained success. Go Danes! I was a student when we were still D3 and Doc Sauers was amassing his over 700 wins. You've come a long way baby.

RPI:
Albany - 158
Colgate - 216

Could we make a switch here? I know we've played Colgate for like since the days of the dinosaurs but it's been 50 years since the games were even competitive.

The real RPI killers this year:
Hampton - 320
Kennesaw St. - 321

I was a student when we were still D3 and Doc Sauers was amassing his over 700 wins. You've come a long way baby.
Ha, me too. Graduated in 1995. Got to see Doc take them to the D3 Final Four and the game I went to (the old "Rack" I want to say?) was SUNY Albany winning over Manhattan to make the Final Four or the first FF game, I forget. Our best player was a guy name Graber, 6'5 forward (that is really a 4 in D3 basketball) who could score all over the place.

Ha, me too. Graduated in 1995. Got to see Doc take them to the D3 Final Four and the game I went to (the old "Rack" I want to say?) was SUNY Albany winning over Manhattan to make the Final Four or the first FF game, I forget. Our best player was a guy name Graber, 6'5 forward (that is really a 4 in D3 basketball) who could score all over the place.

You two are young-uns. The team has Don Bassett as a coach now. He was the varsity coach at my high school when I was a freshman in 1983. Never got to play for him because our JV or Varsity team got into a fight with the Albany team and all three coaches quit because of the way the school reacted to it.

Last edited:
Why is Albany playing Virginia Tech?

Vermont, the hated Catamounts. Final game of the regular season too, when we (Albany) hopefully, still have at least a 2 game lead in the standings. The schedule lines up well the rest of the way.

6'5" power forward, you gotta love it. That's like me playing Center for my high school, because at 6'2" I had some height, lol.

I was at the game last night. Unbelievable three pointer with 1.5 seconds to go to break the tie at 44. Brutal game to watch offensively. No one would attack the rim and neither team has a reliable shooter from the outside. Refs were surprisingly one-sided (Albany's favor for sure) and bad.

First time ever having the CTO seats - sat right under the basket near where Brennan sits. He was there last night looking much older than I've ever seen him. The other kid from Australia they have is good but he should have been called for about 6 offensive fouls last night. Pushes with the off hand constantly.
Was Brennan talking about his NCAA tournament win over SU or does he have something else in his life to finally talk about?

Was Brennan talking about his NCAA tournament win over SU or does he have something else in his life to finally talk about?

Honestly, he seemed a bit out of it. Like early on-set dementia out of it.

Jason Graber. Local kid from Schalmont - football team has been a regular at the Dome last few years.

My alma mater, starting off red hot. They are 8-0 in conference now and just beat VT.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/399/albany-great-danes
Still. Would probably have to win their tourney outright to dance, but you never know.
They are missing Peter Hooley their leading scorer due to a leave of absence, but hasn't hurt them yet.

Congrats... anytime ANYONE beats VT is cause for a drink... I'm tipping back a crown black to your alma for greatness...

Congrats... anytime ANYONE beats VT is cause for a drink... I'm tipping back a crown black to your alma for greatness...
Er...sorta. Sorry, I will edit now, but that was to say University of Vermont. But it starts with a V, hah?
6b47aff665f980aa301edfbe29cb50f74dbff8b575544da52d2087bdaffdf674.jpg

Ooooopppsssss... ok... after reading all the posts and realizing it wasn't the "OTHER" VT, the despised, despicable, dirty and dilapidated VT of the otherwise decent commonwealth of VA, I will pour yet another drink in honor of your defeating the northern VT... with maybe just a little less swagger and desire to flame the southern VT on their board...

Ooooopppsssss... ok... after reading all the posts and realizing it wasn't the "OTHER" VT, the despised, despicable, dirty and dilapidated VT of the otherwise decent commonwealth of VA, I will pour yet another drink in honor of your defeating the northern VT... with maybe just a little less swagger and desire to flame the southern VT on their board...
:D
giphy.gif

My alma mater, starting off red hot. They are 8-0 in conference now and just beat Vermont (phew!).
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/399/albany-great-danes
Still. Would probably have to win their tourney outright to dance, but you never know.
They are missing Peter Hooley their leading scorer due to a leave of absence, but hasn't hurt them yet.
I think I read both the mens and womens teams are undefeated in conference. One of only four schools in the country to be able to say that. The women's coach is very good. I'd be surprised if she stayed very long. Not sure why Will Brown hasn't left yet either. Doesn't seem interested in moving up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom