Surprise SU Grad of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Surprise SU Grad of the Week

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
sam-lloydjpg-8dce0b55556a57d8.jpg

Sam Lloyd, best known for playing hospital attorney Ted on "Scrubs", and for his a capella group "The Blanks", who also appeared regularly on that show. Scrubs also featured John McGinley, a huge SU basketball fan who attended Newhouse for a year...

Linkage

I am a huge Scrubs fan, and Sam's band was the first a capella I ever heard and led me to a lot of amazing music so the fact that he is a Cuse grad makes it all the better!

My favorite line from Dr. Cox (McGinley) "If they ever took all the p0rnography off the Internet, there'd only be one site left, 'BringBacktheP0rn.com'."

A fellow SU fan told me that John McGinley stayed home from the Oscars in 1987 (to which he was invited as an actor in Platoon, which was nominated for a couple awards) to watch the Final Four.

Not sure if it's true, but I like it.

A fellow SU fan told me that John McGinley stayed home from the Oscars in 1987 (to which he was invited as an actor in Platoon, which was nominated for a couple awards) to watch the Final Four.

Not sure if it's true, but I like it.
It's definitely true: http://www.avclub.com/article/john-c-mcginley-on-i42i-oliver-stone-and-missing-t-96763

" Yeah. The Academy Awards used to be on the same night as the NCAA championships, and [that year] Syracuse played Indiana. Since I went to Syracuse, I didn’t go out to the Academy Awards. I chose to stay to home with a bunch of other broke New York actors, because Orion wasn’t willing to pay for our flights. So we stayed at home, and we flicked back and forth between the Syracuse game and Oliver, for the four awards the film would win. So was it validating? Sure. But not enough to want to miss the Syracuse game."

It's definitely true: http://www.avclub.com/article/john-c-mcginley-on-i42i-oliver-stone-and-missing-t-96763

" Yeah. The Academy Awards used to be on the same night as the NCAA championships, and [that year] Syracuse played Indiana. Since I went to Syracuse, I didn’t go out to the Academy Awards. I chose to stay to home with a bunch of other broke New York actors, because Orion wasn’t willing to pay for our flights. So we stayed at home, and we flicked back and forth between the Syracuse game and Oliver, for the four awards the film would win. So was it validating? Sure. But not enough to want to miss the Syracuse game."

That's awesome. Good find.

"Aw man, I missed the Gilmore Girls!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom