Surprise, surprise... Jets finding Geno Smith "tends to hold the ball too long" | Syracusefan.com

Surprise, surprise... Jets finding Geno Smith "tends to hold the ball too long"

genosafe.0_standard_352.0.gif

"tends to hold the ball too long"

"...he (Geno) has taken an unusually high number of sacks -- six. (with just 32 attempts) That shows he can be tentative in the pocket,"

Not for nothing, but this is something 'Cuse fans have known for years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/24629/no-ints-for-geno-but
He stops looking down field completely when the defense closes on him.. NFL DL's will feast on him.

There's a reason Doug passed on Gino in Buffalo.

He stops looking down field completely when the defense closes on him.. NFL DL's will feast on him.

There's a reason Doug passed on Gino in Buffalo.

When all of the mock drafts were projecting Geno to Buffalo at #9, I knew that there was no way in hell that Marrone would touch him with a 10 foot pole. For all of the gaudy stats he amassed, we made Geno look below average three years in a row--all Cuse victories.

THAT made standing in the wet, cold snow totally worthwhile!

I plan to take a ride down to Cortland on Friday to hopefully see Geno in action. Hope he doesn't get spooked by my orange attire. :D

By the way, anybody who is planning to attend one of the Jets open practices have to pre-register and print out a ticket of sorts to gain entry. All free, though:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html

What got Steward fired in my opinion is when he tried to make Smith a running qb...he struggled quite a bit doing that and was by far more comfortable running the shotgun under the moonshine hair club for men coach they have now.

Over/under on:

# of NYJ QB changes in 2013 season (including in-game replacements) _____

# of NYJ starting QB changes (named starters) ____