Surprising amount of negativity re Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Surprising amount of negativity re Louisville

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Sure, Pitino has beaten us like a damn drum since they joined the Big East, but come on people, we are 25-1 !!

BTW, for those who wonder about how poorly the Big East has treated us in terms of scheduling, let me just point out that we have now played AT Louisville 5 of the last 7 times these 2 teams have been scheduled during the regular season. What is up with that ? Don't you think that Louisville would have been a good draw here at the Dome over the years ?

Yes, this is a team that can beat us. But you know, these guys seem focused and I think we're going to get the win. We have another tough one on the road coming up at UConn in a couple weeks, but I am feeling like we are going to run the table. I'm tired of this weak-ass "we're going to lose" crap. WE ARE S.U. !!!!

Seriously, how can we leave this conference that has been soooooo good to us?!

:bang:

I don't think there's been enough negativity. I will remain negative until we can show we can beat these clowns.

Sure, Pitino has beaten us like a damn drum since they joined the Big East, but come on people, we are 25-1 !!

BTW, for those who wonder about how poorly the Big East has treated us in terms of scheduling, let me just point out that we have now played AT Louisville 5 of the last 7 times these 2 teams have been scheduled during the regular season. What is up with that ? Don't you think that Louisville would have been a good draw here at the Dome over the years ?

Yes, this is a team that can beat us. But you know, these guys seem focused and I think we're going to get the win. We have another tough one on the road coming up at UConn in a couple weeks, but I am feeling like we are going to run the table. I'm tired of this weak-ass "we're going to lose" crap. WE ARE S.U. !!!!
2009/2010 season - Syracuse is 24-1 going into the UL game on 2/14. They lose that game and then the rematch 3 weeks later leaving them 0-2 against UL in regular season and 28-1 against everyone else.

I'm hoping for a win, but certainly not expecting a win.

In addition, I think UL has been pretty notorious as starting BE play poorly and finishing strongly. They are doing that again this season. We unfortunately tend to play them late a lot as well.

We are going to win tonight. I have a feeling, and I've been right 25 times out of our 26 games so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Typical negative inferiority complex of syracuse fans.

The funny thing is that with so many people predicting a loss tonight those same losers will be crucifying the team tomorrow – even though they expected a loss. Makes sense right?

The funny thing is that with so many people predicting a loss tonight those same losers will be crucifying the team tomorrow – even though they expected a loss. Makes sense right?

+1

Well said

so if you think the team will lose on the road to a school that has beaten them 7 straight times it makes you a loser? and being frustrated by a loss, even when expected, makes no sense? should people also not celebrate wins when they're expected?

I don't think there's been enough negativity. I will remain negative until we can show we can beat these clowns.

Same way I felt about the Pittsburgh game (and, frankly, the UConn game in the Dome). Until we shovel dirt on their graves, I don't consider this one over. But I am cautiously optimistic. Our performance on the boards against UConn, a very good rebounding team, was really impressive. I like how cool we are under pressure.

That's the fighting spirit!

However, it is an irrational line of thinking. Previous games have nothing to do with the current game.

I think we will play them 3 times in the next 4 weeks. I will take 2 out of 3, preferably one of them being BE Tourny.

That's the fighting spirit!

However, it is an irrational line of thinking. Previous games have nothing to do with the current game.

We're not flipping a coin here, this is a pattern, and Louisville owns us.

2009/2010 season - Syracuse is 24-1 going into the UL game on 2/14. They lose that game and then the rematch 3 weeks later leaving them 0-2 against UL in regular season and 28-1 against everyone else.

I'm hoping for a win, but certainly not expecting a win.

With a team that is widely considered the best "team" SU may or may not have had outside of 2003

We all want to beat the daylights out of Louisville tonight.
But there's a reason to be concerned.

The argument that previous games have nothing to do with this one isn't correct.
Because of a guy named Rick Pitino.
He's the one constant.
He knows how to play against the zone.
And he's shown a remarkable ability to have his teams adjust at halftime and come out blazing.

A lot of has to do with their 3-point shooting.
If we get out on them and make it hard...AND REBOUND ... we'll have a good shot at winning somewhat comfortably.
Because if they try to go inside they have to face Mr. Melo.
And that will mean FACIAL after FACIAL!!!!!
(Or at least a charge).

GO ORANGE!

In addition, I think UL has been pretty notorious as starting BE play poorly and finishing strongly. They are doing that again this season. We unfortunately tend to play them late a lot as well.

I am not sure what to make of them. When I watch them play I am not overly impressed with anyone.

so if you think the team will lose on the road to a school that has beaten them 7 straight times it makes you a loser? and being frustrated by a loss, even when expected, makes no sense? should people also not celebrate wins when they're expected?

Losers expect to lose.

Winners expect to win.

If you expect to lose and do lose you should not be frustrated.

Losers expect to lose.

Winners expect to win.

If you expect to lose and do lose you should not be frustrated.
and dumbasses think that what they expect as fans has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of a game they're not playing in nor attending

There is a difference between making observations of a positive or negative nature and predicting losses.

I for one predict and expect a victory.

WAR DAMN OTTO!

and dumbasses think that what they expect as fans has any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of a game they're not playing in nor attending

You are so naive. Oh Lord Have you not heard of the Butterfly Effect? There is a similar phenomenon with fans and their team's performance through energy changes in the universe. When Michael Lee went up for the tying 3 pointer in New Orleans, SU's fans around the world all rose up at the same time. The vacuum caused by the collective rising allowed Hak to get an additional 4 inches on his vertical and make the crucial block. This has been proven.

You are so naive. Oh Lord Have you not heard of the Butterfly Effect? There is a similar phenomenon with fans and their team's performance through energy changes in the universe. When Michael Lee went up for the tying 3 pointer in New Orleans, SU's fans around the world all rose up at the same time. The vacuum caused by the collective rising allowed Hak to get an additional 4 inches on his vertical and make the crucial block. This has been proven.
well of course I'm aware of that phenomenon - sheesh :rolleyes:

I'm referring to the research on what all those fans mindset was heading into that game - b/c clearly that's the crucial determining factor and what ultimately lead to the Syracuse win and national championship.

Prior to this season, we have played at Louisville 4 out of 7 times.

2006: Home
2007: Away
2008: Away
2009: Home
2010: Home and Away
2011: Away

A very minor scheduling imbalance - it happens. For example, 4 out of our last 6 games vs. West Virginia have been in the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom