Surprising SU fans in Central NJ | Syracusefan.com

Surprising SU fans in Central NJ

Shermthegeneral

Starter
Today I was out shopping wearing my SU hat with my daughter and was shocked that how many people came up to me about yesterday's game. A teen who worked in Best Buy came up to me and was really upset about the game. Then an older man came up to me and basically said the same thing. Then, I was in michaels of all places and a woman in her 60's says to me, "that was a tough game last night, I can't believe they let a 16 point lead slip away, looks like they will be a 4 seed."
Pretty crazy IMO!

Today I was out shopping wearing my SU hat with my daughter and was shocked that how many people came up to me about yesterday's game. A teen who worked in Best Buy came up to me and was really upset about the game. Then an older man came up to me and basically said the same thing. Then, I was in michaels of all places and a woman in her 60's says to me, "that was a tough game last night, I can't believe they let a 16 point lead slip away, looks like they will be a 4 seed."
Pretty crazy IMO!

Small world stuff as well happened to me.

Was on a shuttle heading back to the hotel last night and there was a coach that coaches modified lax at my kids school on the bus as well as 2 guys who graduated HS with my wife and knew who she was.

Very weird.

Not a huge shock.

Syracuse is absolutely the most popular private school in America, & probably in the top 10 of all colleges.

Syracuse is absolutely the most popular private school in America, & probably in the top 10 of all colleges.
<----------------------- Thank this guy.

Not a huge shock.

Notre Dame?

Notre Dame?
I am referring to overall athletic popularity.

Notre Dame Football is widely known, but Syracuse is known for both a football & basketball tradition. Plus, SU's lacrosse program far outpaces Notre Dame.

Syracuse basketball - The largest bi-polar cult in America

I am referring to overall athletic popularity.

Notre Dame Football is widely known, but Syracuse is known for both a football & basketball tradition. Plus, SU's lacrosse program far outpaces Notre Dame.
Mantonio, there are so many more ND fans than Syracuse, it isn't funny. ND basketball nationwide, is a lot more popular than Syracuse football. Syracuse football isn't that popular with syracuse fans. Check out the # of people that go to games.

Mantonio, there are so many more ND fans than Syracuse, it isn't funny. ND basketball nationwide, is a lot more popular than Syracuse football. Syracuse football isn't that popular with syracuse fans. Check out the # of people that go to games.
I have been around the country, & I see FAR more Syracuse gear on people than Notre Dame Gear, with the exception of certain places during football season. But generally, Syracuse is much more widely supportes.

The difference is when ND football stinks a lot of their "fans" disappear. I can't even count the number of people I know who call themselves ND fans, but before this year I would have had no clue they were ND fans. When SU has down years our fans just get pissed and complain and post on message boards like this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom