SU's bigs - per 40 minutes | Syracusefan.com

SU's bigs - per 40 minutes

moqui

generational talent
if you combine the totals for Roc/BMK/DC and average them per 40 minutes (they play a combined 54 mpg, so you have to multiply their totals by .73), you get:

14.1 points per game
12.7 rebounds per game
3.4 blocks per game

normalize it to Cody Zeller's minutes (27.1) and you get
compared to Zeller's

normalize it to Jeff Withey's minutes(29.1) and you get
compared to Withey's

in my opinion, Zeller and Withey are close to complete players, while ours are still developing.

just food for thought; draw your own conclusions

Don't forget that often 2 of our 3 guys are on the court at the same time - so you're double dipping in a sense by counting time played at the 4

Don't forget that often 2 of our 3 guys are on the court at the same time - so you're double dipping in a sense by counting time played at the 4
yep, for sure, this is just rudimentary (and compiled against a bunch of weak sisters, too)

Solid numbers. I am more concerned with defense and rebounding. I think in that department we will be just fine.

yep, for sure, this is just rudimentary (and compiled against a bunch of weak sisters, too)

Good thread. Regardless of the competition we've faced, I'm most impressed with the rebounding we're seeing from these guys, Coleman in particular. The kid is a beast on the defensive glass already and I see his offensive game coming along now. Christmas is an intimidating shot blocker and Keita provides a consistent 15-20 minutes of harassing defense. All three of these guys are going to win us some important games this season.

Other than the fact that we often have two out there together I like those numbers.
I'd bet that DC2 would average a double double if he played 30min a game. His problem is defense right now not offense. He still does some stuff he shouldn't on offense but if he played more and got more touches he would correct those sooner IMO. He's just a beast. Rak has had some very impressive stretches and when he gets excited he suddenly effects the game on both ends for a couple of minutes but then its like he goes back into his shell. Amazing athlete for a guy his size.
I love our group of bigs.
We have one solid reliable back up bench big.
We have one super athletic developing big.
We have one really big imovable guy with an old school game thats just needs minutes IMO.

imo it would be more acurate to do each players stats per 40 minutes.

Theres so much you could add though.
Players get tired and some take longer to settle in when subbed in and out of games,which can lower stats.
Also factor in rebounding potential at the 1,2,3 and 4 a big reason we are so high in rebounding this year.
And then theres things like southerland syndrome which totally throws stats out the window. If you only played him on his good days his stats would be much higher with less games played.

And then theres things like southerland syndrome which totally throws stats out the window. If you only played him on his good days his stats would be much higher with less games played.

I don't just like this, I love this.

if you combine the totals for Roc/BMK/DC and average them per 40 minutes (they play a combined 54 mpg, so you have to multiply their totals by .73), you get:

14.1 points per game
12.7 rebounds per game
3.4 blocks per game

normalize it to Cody Zeller's minutes (27.1) and you get
compared to Zeller's

normalize it to Jeff Withey's minutes(29.1) and you get
compared to Withey's

in my opinion, Zeller and Withey are close to complete players, while ours are still developing.

just food for thought; draw your own conclusions

Yes, statistically, we're already getting great production from our 3 big guys. And soon you'll have to add Grant to that mix too. Let's hope they can keep it up as the conference season starts. I agree that Coleman and Christmas have untapped upside. I think you can't ask Keita to play better than he is right now; he's been great. Coleman needs work on both offense and defense. Christmas is figuring out rolling to the hoop better for MCW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom