Sweet 16, 55-55, 1 minute left | Syracusefan.com

Sweet 16, 55-55, 1 minute left

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
are you thinking:

"this team has won games like this all year long, we got this"

or

"HERE COMES ANOTHER SWEET 16 FLAMEOUT!! TO ANOTHER INFERIOR TEAM THAT SLOWS THE PACE!! I WONDER WHO'S GONNA HIT THE DAGGER 3 WITH THE SHOT CLOCK WINDING DOWN THIS TIME! I CANT WATCH THIS AGAIN!! F*UCK!!!!!!!!!"

The former. This year I think we find a way. Probably a drive by scoop that just rims out but CJ gets a put back. Or it could be Dion taking it all the way to the hole getting fouled and he sinks a free throw. Or a 3 pointer by Kris. Or a Scoop lob to Fab for a dunk.

As long as Scoop is the guy with the ball in his hands, running the offense, I'm feeling pretty confident.

id be confident too, but i also know ill be praying we dont give up a long 3 with the shot clock winding down. id rather give up a wide open shot from the foul line, i cant take another dagger 3 in the tournament again.

Makes me ill just thinking about it. I just ate supper.

are you thinking:

or

"HERE COMES ANOTHER SWEET 16 FLAMEOUT!! TO ANOTHER INFERIOR TEAM THAT SLOWS THE PACE!! I WONDER WHO'S GONNA HIT THE DAGGER 3 WITH THE SHOT CLOCK WINDING DOWN THIS TIME! I CANT WATCH THIS AGAIN!! F*UCK!!!!!!!!!"
Both!!!
My logic for choice one is obvious, we've done it all year.
My logic for choice 2 is this team is reminding me of Pitt, every game is a rock fight, (btw doesn't CJ remind you of Troutman?). So in the dark recesses of my mind, I am scouring every bit of evidence that supports my claim. So with this Pitt comparison comes my fear of a similar 2nd-3rd Pittsburgh Trademarked flameout.
Now that I put it out there I hope it expunges my demons. Also helps that I am never right!

The good thing about this team is, they are long & strong enough to decide when to let the other team hit threes. The opponent will get their 1 or 2 fluke shots from the 3 no matter what, but if this 'Cuse squad wants to clamp down in a game, they can do so.

are you thinking:

or

Definitely the latter, we just have some ridiculously bad luck in those situations. Still I hope it wont come to that and we will be up enough not to worry though im sure I have just jinxed that.

In that scenario I'm pretty confident. Just put the ball in MCW's hands, have him take it hard to the hoop, draw the defenders and either kick it out to Southerland on the wing or dump it down to Rak for the slam.

I'm confident...CJ from the baseline ala Jason Cipolla...

If that shot happened now georgia would have had 5 tenths of a second left to win it. Of course if the keith smart shot happened now we would have had 5 seconds left to win it :bang::bang::bang:

With 3-4 minutes left I'm comfortable. With a minute left some crazy ass shitt like a banked 3 could happen.