Sweet Sixteens | Syracusefan.com

Sweet Sixteens

LAOrange

Starter
If you base college basketball success on sweet sixteen appearances, we've been pretty good lately. We've been top sixteen 6 out of the last 10 years, and we weren't very competitive a couple of seasons from sanctions. This is the hierarchy: Kentucky and Duke (7 out of 10). Syracuse, UNC, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan State and Arizona 6, Louisville 5, Gonzaga, Florida and Ohio St 4. All the rest - meh. BTW UConn is at 3 and Georgetown - ZERO.

If you base college basketball success on sweet sixteen appearances, we've been pretty good lately. We've been top sixteen 6 out of the last 10 years, and we weren't very competitive a couple of seasons from sanctions. This is the hierarchy: Kentucky and Duke (7 out of 10). Syracuse, UNC, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan State and Arizona 6, Louisville 5, Gonzaga, Florida and Ohio St 4. All the rest - meh. BTW UConn is at 3 and Georgetown - ZERO.

Georgetown still plays D1?

If you base college basketball success on sweet sixteen appearances...

I do, always have. Sweet Sixteen seems to have been Boeheim's entitlement since the beginning of time, and I think it's the benchmark for a good Syracuse season.

Now, in the days of 31-game regular seasons and the increasing number of 10+-loss seasons for SU, maybe that throws a monkey wrench into the equation. But this seems like a crowning achievement for a limited team.

I do, always have. Sweet Sixteen seems to have been Boeheim's entitlement since the beginning of time, and I think it's the benchmark for a good Syracuse season.

Now, in the days of 31-game regular seasons and the increasing number of 10+-loss seasons for SU, maybe that throws a monkey wrench into the equation. But this seems like a crowning achievement for a limited team.
Would LOVE to go back to 26 game regular season. Those extra 5 games just drag and bolster the argument that the regular season has no meaning. Unless you're on the bubble it almost becomes a chore to slog through those last few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom