SyraCRUZ Tailgate - Important Information | Syracusefan.com

SyraCRUZ Tailgate - Important Information

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
We will once again be sponsoring a guest athlete program at this year’s tailgates. Saturday’s guests will be the three Onondaga County natives on our National Championship Men’s Soccer Team, Jeorgio Kocevski and the Pagano brothers Francesco and Nino. I spoke with Francesco after the game and they are excited by the opportunity and looking forward to meeting all of you. Please take the opportunity to say hello and express your support. Future guests will represent both lacrosse and basketball teams.Each of our guests receives a $500 appearance fee from the SyraCRUZ NIL fund with one higher payment being offered to a special guest to be announced later in the season.
We have a policy that we ask our guests NOT to spend time signing merchandise that tailgate attendees bring with them. That will pre-sign 8x10 color photos that are available for sale at the merchandise table for $10 with half of the proceeds going directly to the athlete. If you ask our guests to sign something else and they decline, don’t blame them. Blame me.
Finally, we are making a slight revision to our 50-50 program. It will now be a 50-40-10 with 50% going to the winner, 40% going to the Fine Mess Equipment and Philanthropy Fund and 10% going to the Coach’s discretionary fund for the sport our guests participate in. Saturday’s contribution will go to Coach McIntyre’s fund and we will ask that it be earmarked to jump start a grass roots campaign for a new scoreboard for the soccer stadium. And a special treat! Everyone who buys a 50-50 ticket will receive complimentary FREE admission to all remaining regular season home soccer games!

We will once again be sponsoring a guest athlete program at this year’s tailgates. Saturday’s guests will be the three Onondaga County natives on our National Championship Men’s Soccer Team, Jeorgio Kocevski and the Pagano brothers Francesco and Nino. I spoke with Francesco after the game and they are excited by the opportunity and looking forward to meeting all of you. Please take the opportunity to say hello and express your support. Future guests will represent both lacrosse and basketball teams.Each of our guests receives a $500 appearance fee from the SyraCRUZ NIL fund with one higher payment being offered to a special guest to be announced later in the season.
We have a policy that we ask our guests NOT to spend time signing merchandise that tailgate attendees bring with them. That will pre-sign 8x10 color photos that are available for sale at the merchandise table for $10 with half of the proceeds going directly to the athlete. If you ask our guests to sign something else and they decline, don’t blame them. Blame me.
Finally, we are making a slight revision to our 50-50 program. It will now be a 50-40-10 with 50% going to the winner, 40% going to the Fine Mess Equipment and Philanthropy Fund and 10% going to the Coach’s discretionary fund for the sport our guests participate in. Saturday’s contribution will go to Coach McIntyre’s fund and we will ask that it be earmarked to jump start a grass roots campaign for a new scoreboard for the soccer stadium. And a special treat! Everyone who buys a 50-50 ticket will receive complimentary FREE admission to all remaining regular season home soccer games!

Love this initiative and think it’s an AWESOME move

IMG_1566.jpeg

As an FYI, above you will see the current scoreboard.

As it stands, we are one of the ONLY teams in the ACC that doesn’t have a video scoreboard for their soccer stadium.

We are national championship winning team, and both the men’s and women’s soccer teams deserve a video scoreboard!

As it stands, we are one of the ONLY teams in the ACC that doesn’t have a video scoreboard for their soccer stadium.

We are national championship winning team, and both the men’s and women’s soccer teams deserve a video scoreboard!
And everyone can go to the CAF page through cuse.com, click on Head Coaches Fund and make a donation to Coach McIntyre's discretionary fund, click on comments and gift instructions and note that you would like to see your gift be part of a grass roots effort for a new scoreboard for the soccer stadium. Games are free to attend and there were a couple thousand people there last night. If everyone contributed $5 everytime they attended a home game we would have a new scoreboard in a couple of weeks.

And everyone can go to the CAF page through cuse.com, click on Head Coaches Fund and make a donation to Coach McIntyre's discretionary fund, click on comments and gift instructions and note that you would like to see your gift be part of a grass roots effort for a new scoreboard for the soccer stadium. Games are free to attend and there were a couple thousand people there last night. If everyone contributed $5 everytime they attended a home game we would have a new scoreboard in a couple of weeks.
That's a great idea, and as of right now, there are no future studies or project requests to upgrade the scoreboard, unfortunately.

That's a great idea, and as of right now, there are no future studies or project requests to upgrade the scoreboard, unfortunately.
That scoreboard is getting upgraded. If we have to, we will do it by force.

I saw the Commando movies. We have techies who can work at night.

This is doable. ;)

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

My number hasn't changed, and I'm on the east coast. If we gotta do anything shady, I'm your guy!
Was counting on it.

All4SU is our C4 guy.

GoSU96 is our sniper.

storange is our martial arts expert.

You will be responsible for taking out the guards and guard dogs. Bring lots of steak.

;)

Should get the DO to do a story on this. We just need one alum / donor to really step up in this area and we can get it done. It’s a no brainer.

As you can see in the photo, I was able to trim the hedge back the night before the game, so the bottom of the scoreboard could be seen by Coach Mac & the players from the field. I had to jump over a fence with a step ladder in tow to get in. Who knew they locked up the field at night.

This is sad coming off a National Championship year. There are several local high schools with nicer scoreboards with video replay. I suspect a major expense would be that the press box would also have to be updated to get the full benefit from a video scoreboard, but I’m not sure.

I would imagine the best way to upgrade the soccer stadium is through naming rights set for a certain period of time as the field is currently called “Syracuse Soccer Stadium”.

Agree. This seems like such an easy fix. And far more important than some of the other initiatives.

I’ll make some calls and send some emails too. Need more attention on this.
This is sad coming off a National Championship year. There are several local high schools with nicer scoreboards with video replay. I suspect a major expense would be that the press box would also have to be updated to get the full benefit from a video scoreboard, but I’m not sure.

I would imagine the best way to upgrade the soccer stadium is through naming rights set for a certain period of time as the field is currently called “Syracuse Soccer Stadium”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom