Syracuse’s offensive line looks to rebuild depth, replace NFL draft pick Pugh | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse’s offensive line looks to rebuild depth, replace NFL draft pick Pugh

I don't think the last line in that article will be true once the season ends. Hickey will be an absolute star. We better enjoy him this year because he is gone after this year. Maybe I'm in the minority thinking our offensive line will once again be a strength?

I don't think the last line in that article will be true once the season ends. Hickey will be an absolute star. We better enjoy him this year because he is gone after this year. Maybe I'm in the minority thinking our offensive line will once again be a strength?

I hope you're right, but i have concerns--most notably about Foy's lateral mobility / ability to nail down the RT position.

From a depth standpoint, I'm hoping that redshirts like Knapp, Emerich, and Palmer are ready to go, and that JUCOs like John Miller and Michael Lasker show some ability.

When Pugh came back the 2nd/3rd and short got much better. Granted, the staff put the tank formation in with the correct back but still I'd like to see a solid push on these situations.

I agree Hickey is a beast - 42 reps at 225lbs.; 5.0 (rounded) in the 40 yard dash. He has all the tools to be great!

FWIW: Some other o-line 40 results I heard from testing yesterday (not exact times): Emmerich 5.5; Knapp 5.1; Lasker 5.8.

I agree Hickey is a beast - 42 reps at 225lbs.; 5.0 (rounded) in the 40 yard dash. He has all the tools to be great!

FWIW: Some other o-line 40 results I heard from testing yesterday (not exact times): Emmerich 5.5; Knapp 5.1; Lasker 5.8.

another reason I believe Hickey will leave is because he will destroy the combine. He would have led all tackles this season in the bench, and would have posted one of the highest 40's. His play speaks for itself though. Hickey/Trudo could be better then Pugh/Chibane..Only problem is that was our line last season. We need Lasker/Foy/Robinson/Palmer to emerge