Syracuse #11 Frontcourt | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse #11 Frontcourt

Honestly looking at all the teams in front of us and who they have I feel even better about our frontcourt.

Honestly looking at all the teams in front of us and who they have I feel even better about our frontcourt.
Sometimes it's not who ya got, but who other teams don't have. Cousins/Patterson/Orton aren't walking through that door. Neither are:
Thabeet/Adrien/Robinson
Blair/Young/McGhee
Morris Twins/Aldrich
Pittman/James/Hamilton
Macklin/Parsons/Tyus
To name a few good front courts over the past couple years

Even the most loaded looking front courts are relying on freshman for heavy lifting from what I see. We at least have a couple of Sophs in the middle.

I like how Kris is straight-up flattening a defender in this picture. I mean, it's great that some Georgetown hack is winding up on his a$$, where he belongs--but go for the pull-up jumper, my man!

This feels like one of the most unpredictable seasons I've ever approached as an SU fan. It may have something to do with the move to a new hosting site for our forum, but I literally can't remember a time when there was this little chatter about the team so close to the season. Have I missed the special subscription-only access to insider information? Have I been "left behind" following The Orange Rapture? Who wants my extra beer funds? Are you moderators waiting to get us hooked first? For the love of God, someone please take my money.

And please, *please*: somebody bring back thread view. That can't be so hard, can it?

GO ORANGE

I think we are all being cautious. At least I am. Not one of our returning players played up to their potential last year except Rick. These are the same players the experts are predicting will make us a #4 team. It feels shaky. We SHOULD have a great season. But will we? Go SU!

Sorry but there is no way in hell we have the #11 frontcourt. This is one of our worst frontcourt years in a while.

In terms of top three players I agree not 11.
But in terms of depth and flexibility to match up with oppenents and dictate the game under JB we are top 10.

I woudl say we are around top 10 in frontcourt, maybe even around top 5 in backcourt, with sophmore Melo Keita and freshmen Rak at the 4 and 5.

Thats pretty darn good.

Mistake about it if you will but...
LOTS OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE PSYCHED FOR THIS YEAR.

I am practically down to counting the hours for this season.
Cuse Midnight Madness right now is >>> then the Super Bowl for lots of us.

Cautious Optimism is the phrase for this year. Why shouldn't SU have the #11 frontcourt? KJo is one of the best small forwards in the country. He may not have been as great as we expected last year but he was a first year starter. We have a returning McD AA sophmore C who was outplayed last year by another soph center who is also back and healthy as opposed to the end of last season. We also have a solid do it all 3/4 type in Fair and oh yeah, another McD AA PF that may or may not start but at worst will be a solid defensive contributor from day 1. Throw in 2 more juniors that may be somewhat limited but each are best known for their shooting ability. That's 7 frontcourt players that are deep and talented.

Agree with the sence of reluctance. I think we may have some board problems.

I for one am pumped for this season. Everybody here better go to MM. Got some big name recruits coming to see what SU is all about. Wear orange and be louuddddddddd

Hard to judge our frontcourt unless you know where Fab Melo stands in his conditioning and development curve. With a frontcourt of Kris, CJ and BMK we are maybe top 20 in the frontcourt, need to make hay on the perimeter, and could get overpowered inside. Melo is the wildcard.

We may not be a top 11 frontcourt in November, but by March -- watch out.
On the perimeter, lots of programs would like to have our guys who are coming off the bench.

Sorry but there is no way in hell we have the #11 frontcourt. This is one of our worst frontcourt years in a while.

The defense will be more than fine, it's the offense out of anyone in the frontcourt aside from Joseph and Fair that I'm concerned about.

You'll be pleasantly surprised my friend

The defense will be more than fine, it's the offense out of anyone in the frontcourt aside from Joseph and Fair that I'm concerned about.
Exactly... and Joseph/Fair aren't really 'frontcourt' players. Who is going to score down low?

Our backcourt is great, loaded with experience & depth ... but our frontcourt is seriously lacking. Not necessarily a bad thing since we really didn't have any frontcourt in 2003 ... but to say it is 11th in the nation is far too generous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom