Syracuse a proud athletic program chasing money & power | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse a proud athletic program chasing money & power

Um...so Syracuse is greedy for jumping to the ACC, while ND is saintly for maintaining their independence? Oooooookayyyyyyy... and ND is responsible for the new 4-team "playoff?"

Proud athletic programs uprooting themselves chasing money, power, and potential preferential treatment on their quest for a better existence ... that's the American Way. :rolleyes:

Wow. This is possibly the most misinformed article ever published on the Internet.

The author should have credited the ND AD with inventing electricity and the Internet too.

Go big or go home.

Wow. This is possibly the most misinformed article ever published on the Internet.

The author should have credited the ND AD with inventing electricity and the Internet too.

Go big or go home.

"Objective" reporting by NBC.sports.com.

Sounds like the NBC - ND TV renegotiations are going well.

Apparently there isn't much of a "firewall" between the advertising, PR department and the reporters.

Jack Swarbrick IS the honey badger...

LMFAO!

And the Irish slide continues...

ND can remain independent as long as they can maintain their relevance in the mind of NBC. But I think it's a generational thing. Kids today don't really care about ND as much as their parents and grandparents do/did. Eventually they will not have the following that warrants the level of commitment NBC provides.

I'm still puzzled why their football program has been so average for as long as it has, through numerous coaches, when they seem to recruit so well?

They haven't been top tier for a while. They think they are and the media seems to go along with it.

ND has as many 'top tier seasons' as Syracuse has since 1993 ... they just have a much better PR team

ND has as many 'top tier seasons' as Syracuse has since 1993 ... they just have a much better PR team

And we've beaten them head-to-head in our lowest years. That has to count for something.

It is funny that they mention those schools but don't mention the schools coming to the Big East. Maybe this is a slam towards ESPN since the schools mentioned are in contract with ESPN while NBC is trying to secure the Big East?

It is funny that they mention those schools but don't mention the schools coming to the Big East.
They only mentioned schools that left one BCS conference to go to another. I guess TCU's pseudo-membership in the NBE didn't make the cut.

Notre Dame Proud athletic program that clinged to football independence, chasing money, power, and potential preferential treatment on their quest for a better existence as the seas of collegiate athletics got rockier and rockier over the past two years.

Doesn't hurt that they are "Fighting Irish" and have shamrocks everywhere. That's good enough for all of the non-football loving Irishmen in the country.

I'm still puzzled why their football program has been so average for as long as it has, through numerous coaches, when they seem to recruit so well?

They haven't been top tier for a while. They think they are and the media seems to go along with it.

They only recruit "well" because scouting services treat their recruits like they treat Duke recruits in basketball. For some reason a two star kid who gets recruited by Notre Dame magically becomes a three or four star kid.

They only recruit "well" because scouting services treat their recruits like they treat Duke recruits in basketball. For some reason a two star kid who gets recruited by Notre Dame magically becomes a three or four star kid.

You are catching on. That's the way the whole recruiting services stars scam works ... not just for ND ... but for all schools.

These "experts" haven't seen any of these kids play. It's all about rumors and perceived strength. One way to judge a recruit is by who is recruiting him.

You are catching on. That's the way the whole recruiting services stars scam works ... not just for ND ... but for all schools.

These "experts" haven't seen any of these kids play. It's all about rumors and perceived strength. One way to judge a recruit is by who is recruiting him.

This works a lot of the time, but for a school like Notre Dame who haven't been nationally relevant (other than to their fan base) it doesn't work. Even the recruiting "experts" who do watch games and highlights can't judge accurately, because it is all about the level of competition. I could make highlight and game tapes of my players that make them look like blue chip recruits, but if it is against crappy teams it doesn't matter!

BBBLLEECCHHH!! I threw up a little while reading that article. Those who read it have definitely lost some brain cells and IQ points!!

A perfect example of the arrogance that ND eminates, and people wonder why there is hatred for them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom