Syracuse an "overlap in markets" with Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse an "overlap in markets" with Rutgers

Scotch

Starter
From "Eerlaw11", a proclaimed insider on the WVU board:

"Also spoke to source with B1G. Syracuse is not an option for expansion. It is felt their addition would cause an overlap in markets with Rutgers."

Obviously taken with a grain of salt - but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the feeling inside B1G offices. I've held out a sliver of hope that we may still be on the B1G radar due to NY's overall population, but if Rutgirls locks up NYC we are redundant.

May be redundant but RU does not lock up the NYC market. Neither do we.

"Also spoke to source with B1G. Syracuse is not an option for expansion. It is felt their addition would cause an overlap in markets with Rutgers."

Obviously taken with a grain of salt - but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the feeling inside B1G offices. I've held out a sliver of hope that we may still be on the B1G radar due to NY's overall population, but if Rutgirls locks up NYC we are redundant.
RUTGERS. That is all.

Just cementing what we already knew: tradition and winning history doesn't matter at all. It's all money.

This is true, we deliver Jersey just as well as they do.

May be redundant but RU does not lock up the NYC market. Neither do we.

DMA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

WVU insider with B10 sources? Hmmm...

WVU "insiders" have sources throughout the Big 12, B1G, ACC offices and just about every important ACC member school including Maryland. It's amazing how connected they are.

BigTen application process:

Are you a football school in the Northeast? Y/N
Have you or do you plan to be involved in any P e d o p h I l I ascandals? Y/N

Done.

so they are admitting that: Rutgers has a 40 mile radius fan base whereas we have a 400 mile radius fan base?

More than likely if we hadn't jumped to the ACC we would've gotten the invite.
No regrets in the moves we made, but once we were off the table, RU was the obvious choice.

This fellas name isn't Tickle or Popcorn by any chance...

WVU "insiders" have sources throughout the Big 12, B1G, ACC offices and just about every important ACC member school including Maryland. It's amazing how connected they are.
You'd think the beard, raccoon cap and musket would give them away.
They must not be burning any couches at the office.

More than likely if we hadn't jumped to the ACC we would've gotten the invite.
No regrets in the moves we made, but once we were off the table, RU was the obvious choice.

No, we wouldn't have.

I swear to goodness WVU fans makeup more crap than any pathetic fanbase. We aren't a B1G team because we a private school and not a public land grant school like everybody, but Northwestern. Just talking to fans from B1G schools doesn't mean you have B1G sources. I could create better chit than the stuff they just make up to flood the internet.

Just cementing what we already knew: tradition and winning history doesn't matter at all. It's all money.

huh.. wait... it's not about the student-athlete's best interests? :)

Don't under estimate the REDNECK NETWORK!

I think it's definitely the situation.
Could be part of the overlap - he was born in Staten Island, NY and grew up in NJ.
1310071447_the-situation-290.jpg

No, we wouldn't have.
Why not? Both JoePa and the B1G confirmed that we were at least "in consideration".
I'd think our reach in NYC gave us the same kinda clout as RU.
Now, maybe the academics (CIC, AAU) might've prevented it, but its not a totally far-fetched idea.