Syracuse and Dayton 2-1 in 3 common opponent games | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse and Dayton 2-1 in 3 common opponent games

Alsacs

Living Legend
Syracuse and Dayton played 3 common opponents Georgia Tech, California, Baylor.

Syracuse vs California- W 92-81
Syracuse vs Baylor- W 74-67
Syracuse vs Georgia Tech- L 67-62

Dayton vs California - W 82-64
Dayton vs Baylor- L 67-66
Dayton @ Georgia Tech- W 82-72

All of these games were played in November except our Georgia Tech game without Jerami Grant. So not much can really be said about these games.

St. Joe's beat Dayton 3 times. The Hawks beat Dayton by using their superior guards. I think this game will rely on Ennis and Cooney dominating the Flyers backcourt.

Alternative and useless analysis:

Dayton is a private Catholic U.
Syracuse beats Catholic U's often (see Big East history)
Syracuse beat Catholic schools this season

Conclusion: Syracuse victory over University of Dayton.

Disclaimer: Syracuse University claims no animosity towards Catholic schools or their chief sponsor (Catholic Church); at least no more animosity than shown other opponents daring to step foot on the hardwood with our favorite team. Georgetown is excepted from this disclaimer, Syracuse and its fans reserve the right to despise Georgetown in perpetuity.

Alternative and useless analysis:

Dayton is a private Catholic U.
Syracuse beats Catholic U's often (see Big East history)
Syracuse beat Catholic schools this season

Conclusion: Syracuse victory over University of Dayton.

Disclaimer: Syracuse University claims no animosity towards Catholic schools or their chief sponsor (Catholic Church); at least no more animosity than shown other opponents daring to step foot on the hardwood with our favorite team. Georgetown is excepted from this disclaimer, Syracuse and its fans reserve the right to despise Georgetown in perpetuity.

I like the use of the transitive property!

I like hearing Miller say they are going to try and push the ball. Boeheim might not agree, but I think a game in the 70s is better for SU than trying to play a low-possession game in the 50s. One, our zone is better when teams are not holding the ball for 30 seconds, and two I think our guys respond better on offense when the game is up-tempo.

I like hearing Miller say they are going to try and push the ball. Boeheim might not agree, but I think a game in the 70s is better for SU than trying to play a low-possession game in the 50s. One, our zone is better when teams are not holding the ball for 30 seconds, and two I think our guys respond better on offense when the game is up-tempo.
Agreed if they play fast it opens up transition offense opportunities for our offense. More possessions in the first 30 minutes means we can out-athlete them. Syracuse athletes are better than Dayton athletes. It won't be a mismatch like the Western Michigan team, but more possessions early helps the better team.

Agreed if they play fast it opens up transition offense opportunities for our offense. More possessions in the first 30 minutes means we can out-athlete them. Syracuse athletes are better than Dayton athletes. It won't be a mismatch like the Western Michigan team, but more possessions early helps the better team.

No matter what else is happening, it's never a good thing to allow a 'lesser' team hang around. Especially this time of year.

Thanks
I like the use of the transitive property!
I worked hard on that, at least a minute or two. Notice I conveniently left off mention of the BC game because it would devalue my useless transitive analysis. Can't have any real logic applied to transitive analysis.

Seriously, while stationed in Dayton I watched several UD games and I respect them but couldn't refuse a little Orange hype.

I would also point out Archie Miller is a moron if they are actually going to push the ball as fast he claims tomorrow. YOU NEVER TELL THE PRESS YOUR GAMEPLAN. You don't think Jim Boeheim reads the newspaper? I get your excited about beating Ohio State, but you should never say your gameplan in the press. Even if its a bluff JB doesn't practice the team hard, but he will make sure they are aware of Miller's comments and will stress getting back.

Miller's Dayton team will not play faster than Roy Williams coached Kansas or North Carolina teams. JB always stresses get back on defense when he plays against Roy so I don't get why Miller would say this publicly.

I would also point out Archie Miller is a moron if they are actually going to push the ball as fast he claims tomorrow. YOU NEVER TELL THE PRESS YOUR GAMEPLAN. You don't think Jim Boeheim reads the newspaper? I get your excited about beating Ohio State, but you should never say your gameplan in the press. Even if its a bluff JB doesn't practice the team hard, but he will make sure they are aware of Miller's comments and will stress getting back.

Miller's Dayton team will not play faster than Roy Williams coached Kansas or North Carolina teams. JB always stresses get back on defense when he plays against Roy so I don't get why Miller would say this publicly.

Who the heck knows... Maybe he is pulling the ole switcharoo. Saying he's going to fast so we get back and stay off the offensive glass.

Who the heck knows... Maybe he is pulling the ole switcharoo. Saying he's going to fast so we get back and stay off the offensive glass.
Even if that is the case JB and our coaching staff would realize it after about 4 minutes and would adjust otherwise. However, I would NEVER say anything in these stupid interviews. I would say we need to play hard, smart, keep turnovers to a minimum, stay out of foul trouble, and generic crap everyone says. Instead, he is saying they need to play faster than they have all season and is giving JB/SU coaching staff the info for no reason.

Even if that is the case JB and our coaching staff would realize it after about 4 minutes and would adjust otherwise. However, I would NEVER say anything in these stupid interviews. I would say we need to play hard, smart, keep turnovers to a minimum, stay out of foul trouble, and generic crap everyone says. Instead, he is saying they need to play faster than they have all season and is giving JB/SU coaching staff the info for no reason.

Lots of times interviewers will ask a leading (and annoying) question intended to make themselves sound like they know something, and then the coach just plays along to dispense with it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom