Syracuse Basketball Season Tickets... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Basketball Season Tickets...

Do You Have Syracuse Basketball Season Tickets?

• Yes, I sure do!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Too expensive - $$

• I would if I lived in Syracuse

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Are you serious?? I would give up my life before I give up my SU season tickets! (Marsh)

• Total voters

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Random thread, I know, but I have a few questions...

I'm going to go back to SU in the fall to work on my PhD. I will be newly married at that point, barring some catastrophic circumstances like my fiancee professing her love for Pittsburgh or Yukon.

I will be an SU student (again), and I will definitely get basketball student season tickets. But does that mean that my wife can also get some? Would I be able to get her season tickets as well so she could sit in the student section?

Or is my best bet to pick up two season tickets in the general seating area? How much do they usually run for? My guess is that they'll be somewhere in the 300 level. I bet the 200 level seats are LONG gone. Good chance other family members will be relocating to the Cuse, so I can always have them go to some games if I do end up getting the student tix. Are season tix hard to get?

What do you think my options are? Any thoughts from the board?

I'm not sure how the student tickets would work, so I can't help you there, but I think you only can get 1 for yourself as a student.

As far as buying regular season tickets, the cost for next season is $500 outside of the preferred seating areas. I'm not sure how much the various preferred levels are or how much season tickets go for in those areas (I assume a little less), but can get pricey. See the link for the current map.

http://cuse.com/documents/2010/4/19/Basketball_Preferred_2010.pdf?id=4026

I'll be interested to see what the season ticket base is next year. This year it went up significantly, but there might be a few who got them just for this season and will be willing to give them up, so there could be some decent seats opening.

I'm going to go back to SU in the fall to work on my PhD. I will be newly married at that point, barring some catastrophic circumstances like my fiancee professing her love for Pittsburgh or Yukon.

I will be an SU student (again), and I will definitely get basketball student season tickets. But does that mean that my wife can also get some? Would I be able to get her season tickets as well so she could sit in the student section?

Or is my best bet to pick up two season tickets in the general seating area? How much do they usually run for? My guess is that they'll be somewhere in the 300 level. I bet the 200 level seats are LONG gone. Good chance other family members will be relocating to the Cuse, so I can always have them go to some games if I do end up getting the student tix. Are season tix hard to get?

As far as I know you can only get one set of Student tickets because they swipe your ID to get in and give you a wrist band. A trick that my friends and I used to do to get a wristband from a friend already sitting in the student section and meet her outside of the section, have her put the wrist band on to get in. Another trick is get there really early and walk in through the front instead of through the back and the ushers usually don't even see you.

Back in the day you could get a companion ticket for a spouse. The ticket would be in the student section, but would be at a higher price. I don't know if they still do that. The only way to find out, unless someone here has direct experience, is to call and ask.

Per carrierdome.com:

Any full-time SU or ESF student for the 2013-14 academic year, or their spouse or dependent, may purchase a maximum of one student season ticket per sport. (Ineligible orders will be refunded before the start of that season.) As your season ticket will be encoded on your SU or ESF ID card, each eligible student, spouse or dependent must have their own SU ID card for ordering and entry.

So this means student spouses are eligible - but must have an SU ID card.

And -- per http://housingmealplans.syr.edu/idcardservices_whoentitled.cfm:
Student spouses are certainly eligible for such a card, but must bring the following to the I.D. Card Office, 206 Steele Hall, (phone:315.443.2721):
  • Sponsors I.D. card
  • Children must present the Birth Certificate and a spouse must present the Marriage Certificate
  • A spouse/dependent's social security number
  • $25 fee for each spouse/dependent I.D. card, cash or check payable to Syracuse University
Not a difficult process at all.

I'll be interested to see what the season ticket base is next year. This year it went up significantly, but there might be a few who got them just for this season and will be willing to give them up, so there could be some decent seats opening.

I started as a season ticket holder for the '12-'13 season and if I recall correctly the price went up by about 5% for the '13-'14 season and now again by another 5%-ish for the '14-'15 season. I wonder if every year it will be a +5% increase.

I started as a season ticket holder for the '12-'13 season and if I recall correctly the price went up by about 5% for the '13-'14 season and now again by another 5%-ish for the '14-'15 season. I wonder if every year it will be a +5% increase.

I've had them for the last few seasons and they seem to go up $20 each season.

I was in the same boat when we moved up here four years ago. Wasn't aware of the spouse ID, so we just picked up two non-preferred seats in 306. Got a faculty/staff discount, too.

This proved a good idea for a couple reasons. First, we didn't have to camp or wait in lines or do anything time-consuming to get to our seats. Second, we didn't have to miss games during school breaks.

Wear your jacket that glows with the intensity of a thousand suns. Everyone will be able to spot you and espn may not be able to look away.

Per carrierdome.com:

Any full-time SU or ESF student for the 2013-14 academic year, or their spouse or dependent, may purchase a maximum of one student season ticket per sport. (Ineligible orders will be refunded before the start of that season.) As your season ticket will be encoded on your SU or ESF ID card, each eligible student, spouse or dependent must have their own SU ID card for ordering and entry.

So this means student spouses are eligible - but must have an SU ID card.

And -- per http://housingmealplans. /idcardservices_whoentitled.cfm:
Student spouses are certainly eligible for such a card, but must bring the following to the I.D. Card Office, 206 Steele Hall, (phone:315.443.2721):
  • Sponsors I.D. card
  • Children must present the Birth Certificate and a spouse must present the Marriage Certificate
  • A spouse/dependent's social security number
  • $25 fee for each spouse/dependent I.D. card, cash or check payable to Syracuse University
Not a difficult process at all.

Yeah...so it's more student season tix for me. $500 for 20 games or $160 for 15 games? Kindof a no-brainer, especially when the student seats are better than most of the 300 level seats going for $500.

Thanks for the info!