Syracuse basketball will face Princeton on Nov. 21 at Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball will face Princeton on Nov. 21 at Carrier Dome

Games on New Years Eve and Thanksgiving Eve? Are they trying to get as few people in the seats as possible?

That sucks, going to be my first missed home game in years.

Games on New Years Eve and Thanksgiving Eve? Are they trying to get as few people in the seats as possible?

I welcome the game on New Years Eve seeing it is the most overhyped overrated holiday on the planet.

I welcome the game on New Years Eve seeing it is the most overhyped overrated holiday on the planet.

Agree. It’s amateur night.

The game will no doubt be an afternoon affair, so the white zinfandel crowd will be happy.

I always wait and celebrate my New Years eve on a real holiday, Super Bowl Sunday

So there's one more chance for a decent game at the dome, since 2 of the 3 remaining games will be cupcakes in the Gotham Classic.

Considering the game at Arkansas (which the school apparently tried to avoid), I'd give the OOC schedule a B+. A marquee BCS team would be needed to bump it into the A-/A range.

I always wait and celebrate my New Years eve on a real holiday, Super Bowl Sunday

What exactly are you celebrating on Super Bowl Sunday that cannot be had on any given college football saturday?

Edit: I'll give a mulligan this year, seeing as there will only be 2 Saturday affairs vs Div 1 competition, with neither ideal for tailgating.

So there's one more chance for a decent game at the dome, since 2 of the 3 remaining games will be cupcakes in the Gotham Classic.

Considering the game at Arkansas (which the school apparently tried to avoid), I'd give the OOC schedule a B+. A marquee BCS team would be needed to bump it into the A-/A range.

Didn't try to avoid the matchup with Arkansas ... just the date. I think we were expecting a Saturday game and got stuck on Friday.

Probably had a home game set up for the previous Wednesday that had to be cancelled or rescheduled.

I dislike New Years Eve as much as the next guy and will happy to be in the Dome instead of wasting time and money attending some inevitably disappointing event. But I'm out of luck for Thanksgiving. Really weird night to have a regular game; I know we've had things like Kansas City or Coaches vs. Cancer that week, but I can't remember a Wednesday night pre-Thanksgiving game in the history of the Dome. Really disappointed; I never miss home games.

I dislike New Years Eve as much as the next guy and will happy to be in the Dome instead of wasting time and money attending some inevitably disappointing event. But I'm out of luck for Thanksgiving. Really weird night to have a regular game; I know we've had things like Kansas City or Coaches vs. Cancer that week, but I can't remember a Wednesday night pre-Thanksgiving game in the history of the Dome. Really disappointed; I never miss home games.
For people who are coming in town for Thanksgiving it's a good thing if the family are SU fans, but it's bad for outgoing SU fans.

If you're a local kid who's gone away to college it could be a good night if you're coming home for Thanksgiving or former residents who come back for Thanksgiving. This and Christmas - New Years can be good opportunities for fans in those categories.

No doubt about it - good for those visiting Syracuse for the holiday.

I'm almost positive SU played the night before T-giving in 03 (fall after winning the title). Pretty sure it was the home opener, losing to Charlotte. Gmac went off for 34.

I'm almost positive SU played the night before T-giving in 03 (fall after winning the title). Pretty sure it was the home opener, losing to Charlotte. Gmac went off for 34.

You're right; I thought that was Tuesday night, but it was Wednesday the 26th.

Yes, I remember some of our appreciative fans booing the team off the court at halftime. A short honeymoon indeed.

Brendan Plavich - the most incredible shooting display I've ever witnessed in person at any level of basketball.

we also played in 05 or 06 the night before thanksgiving.... dont remember who against though.

We've played in the Great Alaska Shootout over the T-Day holiday. I remember dozens of us in the chat room talking about Mizzou's "Yellow Teeth Guy" at 2am