Syracuse considered the 10th best job in college basketball | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse considered the 10th best job in college basketball

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
I really hope Hop either succeeds or we hand a blank check to a high profile guy. I'm very paranoid about a football like downfall.

I really hope Hop either succeeds or we hand a blank check to a high profile guy. I'm very paranoid about a football like downfall.

Melo center
Carrier dome
ACC basketball

If the next head coach has one bad season, he gone!

Maybe orange colored glasses, but Id rank us ahead of Michigan st, Texas, and even possibly UCLA. I know UCLA is a blue blood but what have they done lately? Not to mention they cant even sell out their arena anymore and I have heard the fanbase has become very apathetic to UCLA basketball. I just dont think its as high profile of a job as it used to be, look at the coaches that turned down UCLA last year. Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens (before celtics were even an option) both declined the opening at UCLA.

Texas is not a top 12 job much less #7. Their fans don't give a $&%# about basketball. A big salary only takes you so far. So move SU up a spot. UCLA despite all the history and LA location doesn't even sell out a small arena. Cuse and Arizona are both under seeded here.

If I was the "hypothetical" coach I would think long and hard over 2.5 million per year, living in Austin, and accessing the incredibly underrated Dallas recruiting base and the athletic department's facilities.

If I was the "hypothetical" coach I would think long and hard over 2.5 million per year, living in Austin, and accessing the incredibly underrated Dallas recruiting base and the athletic department's facilities.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad job, it just isn't as good as Syracuse.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad job, it just isn't as good as Syracuse.

why not? It may not be as prestigious, but it's got a lot of other things that compensate.

why not? It may not be as prestigious, but it's got a lot of other things that compensate.

Their facilities aren't as good, and all people care about down there is football.

How is texas ahead of us?
I know...waaaaaaaaaaaay overrated. The arena sucks, the fans suck for hoops. Recruiting is decent in TX but I think Cuse's recruiting base is better.

Good thing Michigan is 9 spots behind us... lets bring Coach Beilein home! When JB retires Beilein is my top choice to replace him. I'd take him now so at least we could start watching good basketball again.

People are knocking Texas way too hard. It's got a lot of intangibles in perks to it. The job security is way, way better (you think Barnes would last four years here?). You're recruiting in an under recruited area against Kansas, essentially, and that's it. You get to live in Austin, you're making a ton of money in a state without income tax. There's a lot of perks and positives.

Oh, and if you win one National Title, the AD will renovate whatever you freakin' want, that department doesn't hurt for money.

People are knocking Texas way too hard. It's got a lot of intangibles in perks to it. The job security is way, way better (you think Barnes would last four years here?). You're recruiting in an under recruited area against Kansas, essentially, and that's it. You get to live in Austin, you're making a ton of money in a state without income tax. There's a lot of perks and positives.

Oh, and if you win one National Title, the AD will renovate whatever you freakin' want, that department doesn't hurt for money.

And If you win the nc there will be 5 people at the parade. There are a lot of perks, but if you are a basketball guy it isn't the 9th best job in college basketball.

Good thing Michigan is 9 spots behind us... lets bring Coach Beilein home! When JB retires Beilein is my top choice to replace him. I'd take him now so at least we could start watching good basketball again.

Does JB like him? somehow I think he's going to have significant input over who comes next.

1. Kentucky (You can cheat. They'll overpay you. Large and low IQ fan base will worship you.)
2. North Carolina
3. Kansas
4. Louisville
5. Duke
6. Indiana
7. Syracuse
8. Arizona
9. Florida
10. Texas

And If you win the nc there will be 5 people at the parade. There are a lot of perks, but if you are a basketball guy it isn't the 9th best job in college basketball.

If you win the NC there will be a ton of people at the parade. Texas fans may be lukewarm during the season but liking basketball or not the fact one of their programs won means they'll show up in droves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom