Syracuse FF pennants/flags | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse FF pennants/flags

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Per my sig you can see that I wish the University displayed banners for our Final Four years. I think it's a tremendous accomplishment to reach the Final Four and it should be celebrated. This is a debate I started here in the past. However that's not the meaning of this post. I decided that I'd like to start a collection of Final Four pennants to add to my Syracuse basketball shrine. Ideally I would like one for each of our 6 Final Fours. Surprisingly EBay and Amazon are not providing me with much luck. I'm able to locate the 1996 and 2003 Pennant but the others are proving to be elusive ('75 is probably a lost cause). Any one have any pointers on where I could hunt them down? Perhaps Manny's has some sort of banner that includes all of our Final Four years in one (that would suffice). With the Pennants it's important that it says Syracuse obviously, not the generic year and city ones. I'm even fine if the pennant says the four teams that were there, perhaps might even prefer it.

Per my sig you can see that I wish the University displayed banners for our Final Four years. I think it's a tremendous accomplishment to reach the Final Four and it should be celebrated. This is a debate I started here in the past. However that's not the meaning of this post. I decided that I'd like to start a collection of Final Four pennants to add to my Syracuse basketball shrine. Ideally I would like one for each of our 6 Final Fours. Surprisingly EBay and Amazon are not providing me with much luck. I'm able to locate the 1996 and 2003 Pennant but the others are proving to be elusive ('75 is probably a lost cause). Any one have any pointers on where I could hunt them down? Perhaps Manny's has some sort of banner that includes all of our Final Four years in one (that would suffice). With the Pennants it's important that it says Syracuse obviously, not the generic year and city ones. I'm even fine if the pennant says the four teams that were there, perhaps might even prefer it.

I just wanted to throw support to you, and give something a bit more than the average poster. My uncle coached college basketball, and is a member of the coaches association or whatever it's called. That's how I got to go to the last Final Four, and insult Gottlieb to his face. :) (I still wonder if that is what his inspired his wild story of being accosted by a SU fan. Our interaction actually caused him a big smile!). Anyhow, after the game, I was having a beer back at the hotel my uncle was staying in. He told me there are no losers once you reach the Final Four...something like that it was an end unto itself. I am guessing not everyone would agree with him, but I did. Maybe it gets cheapened because announcers coined the sweet 16 and elite 8, but it is something of a completely different mangitude.

As for your question, I am not sure right now. I'm sure those that are a higher percentage scenester than me could help more. If it were me, I might call Manny's and speak to someone who knows what theyre doing and ask. Then I'd start doing generic searches for Final *** BANners online. I'm guessing youve already tried that for Syracuse-specific ones, but Ive found in life sometimes if you see how things work for others, sometimes it can give you ideas how to blaze your own trail. I'm guessing others on here who are more into the scene can help you on specifics, but that's what I can offer you now, my friend. Best wishes, let us know if(when) you get them!

EDIT: I wish I could help more. Like Garth Brooks said, "Gimme an hour and then...", maybe I'll be able to think of something more, or try some research(although I'm guessing youve done a lot of it already, anything is possible).

Last edited:

Would it work if someone created the banners? There are a lot of craftsy people out there.

For example, my sister once ordered about a half dozen various cheap Syracuse T's off E-Bay, and then for my birthday used them to create a couple couch pillow covers and added some Syracuse element to a plain blue blanket.

Quick Google search shows Duke and LSU. Pretty cool.
dwhoops_duke_summer_2012_079.jpg
70e42961089107.5a62e7c85fb43.jpg

I just wanted to throw support to you, and give something a bit more than the average poster. My uncle coached college basketball, and is a member of the coaches association or whatever it's called. That's how I got to go to the last Final Four, and insult Gottlieb to his face. :) (I still wonder if that is what his inspired his wild story of being accosted by a SU fan. Our interaction actually caused him a big smile!). Anyhow, after the game, I was having a beer back at the hotel my uncle was staying in. He told me there are no losers once you reach the Final Four...something like that it was an end unto itself. I am guessing not everyone would agree with him, but I did. Maybe it gets cheapened because announcers coined the sweet 16 and elite 8, but it is something of a completely different mangitude.

As for your question, I am not sure right now. I'm sure those that are a higher percentage scenester than me could help more. If it were me, I might call Manny's and speak to someone who knows what theyre doing and ask. Then I'd start doing generic searches for Final *** BANners online. I'm guessing youve already tried that for Syracuse-specific ones, but Ive found in life sometimes if you see how things work for others, sometimes it can give you ideas how to blaze your own trail. I'm guessing others on here who are more into the scene can help you on specifics, but that's what I can offer you now, my friend. Best wishes, let us know if(when) you get them!

EDIT: I wish I could help more. Like Garth Brooks said, "Gimme an hour and then...", maybe I'll be able to think of something more, or try some research(although I'm guessing youve done a lot of it already, anything is possible).

Awesome stuff. Great story. Thanks for the advice, i'll keep looking at work tommorow and let you know how it goes. Go Cuse!

Would it work if someone created the banners? There are a lot of craftsy people out there.

For example, my sister once ordered about a half dozen various cheap Syracuse T's off E-Bay, and then for my birthday used them to create a couple couch pillow covers and added some Syracuse element to a plain blue blanket.

That would be awesome, I'd def drop coin for their services. I lack any and all craftiness what so ever.

Presumably there is a full set of all 6 in a utility closet somewhere in the Dome.

Being we already had a Chewy thread title that made him sound like Frankenstein, maybe you can use your talents for something better than banners and use some different pictures and your designing ability to produce something like in the movie Weird Science? ;)

weird-science-1.jpg

for S&G's I do lot style designs for Phish, the Dead and more...

phlowTees
T-Shirts by phlowTees | TeePublic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom