Syracuse Football and "The Greatest" | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football and "The Greatest"

Vshukla

Walk On
RIP Don Shula
I’m a big Dolphins fan and am saddened by the loss of this NFL Icon. It reminds me of something I said a few years ago Syracuse related. A friend was giving me a hard time about the state of SU football and I replied with this.

The greatest player in NFL history went to Syracuse (Jim Brown)

The greatest play in NFL history was made by a guy who went to Syracuse (Tyree’s helmet catch)

The greatest player on the greatest team in NFL history went to Syracuse (Csonka on the 72 Dolphins)

I realize these are debatable but I’ll stick with them.

The greatest player in NFL history went to Syracuse (Jim Brown)

Jawohl, Herr Vshukla.

The greatest play in NFL history was made by a guy who went to Syracuse (Tyree’s helmet catch)
I bleed both Orange and Big Blue but I will stick with the immaculate reception. Tyree's is up there though.

The greatest player on the greatest team in NFL history went to Syracuse (Csonka on the 72 Dolphins)

No way, the greatest team in NFL was the 19-0 New Eng...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Those pesky Giants again.

Jawohl, Herr Vshukla.

I bleed both Orange and Big Blue but I will stick with the immaculate reception. Tyree's is up there though.

No way, the greatest team in NFL was the 19-0 New Eng...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Those pesky Giants again.
And those Giants were coached by...a Syracuse guy - Tom Coughlin. It always seems to come back to an Orange answer.