Syracuse football assistant Clark Lea explains why he recruited the 4 freshman linebackers (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football assistant Clark Lea explains why he recruited the 4 freshman linebackers (PS)

Very excited about all four. I was at dinner the other night, our waiter was working there during the summer since he is a low paid PE/health teacher the rest of the year. Turns out he teaches at Lake Zurich HS Naturally I asked him if he knew Colton Moskal. His eyes lit up when I mentioned the kid. He went on and on about how great he is, on the field as we know, and especially off the field. He asked me how I knew him, I told him I am an SU grad/maniac fan. He said we got a really great one with Colton.

These guys are killing it with the articles. It so refreshing for once. Would be great to get the staffs' take on all of the kids. Some of the stories are great.

Hard not to greatly respect this staff.

Seems like the FB staff is giving the P-S more access and time before preseason starts. This kind of stuff is good to drum up community support. Knowing the background of the players and who you're supporting.

I love this article, too.

Its great for Hodge to be a starter this year precisely so that we don't have a whole new group of starters next year and he'll be flanked by two great, experienced outside guys to help him figure out and call defenses so that he's ready to do it entirely on his own next year.

I'd say we need to get at least one of these guys, probably Zaire Franklin, a decent amount of snaps in game so that he's ready to take over a spot next year and excel after Davis and Lynch are gone. We also likely need one more of these guys to see the field at least a little bit this year to be ready to step in next year and not be lost while learning on the job.

I love that he said Thomas was probably the best LB film he evaluated last year. The kid screams future beast and I can't freaking wait to see him on the field.

All of our LBs from the class of 14 and 15 are going to be very exciting on the field. It's crazy to think they brought in 7 already, and are gunning for one more big recruit. It's going to be a war for PT with these kids day in and day out, and it wouldn't shock me if we have a top ACC unit there going into 2016 and beyond because of it.

This is one of the better articles I have read in a long time. I love reading about the coach's insight on his own recruit.

I just love the fact that we landed 4 quality guys, and that when Cabinda bailed the guy we landed to fill that slot was the most impressive film Coach Lea had seen all year. You have to feel pretty good about the future of that position.

I thought Thomas had the best film of anyone last year. The kid is a beast. We got lucky he qualified so late, I'm sure for the most part it's what kept alot of bigger programs away.

Last edited: