Syracuse football enters phase two of summer workouts: 85 players on campus, pods of 20 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football enters phase two of summer workouts: 85 players on campus, pods of 20

Seems like a low number if you consider pwo. I know we lost about 5 players to transfer, and had 3 open scholarships. Don’t we usually have around 10 to 15 pwo. Maybe that number is high.

It looks like they are integrating the team in a slow and methodical manner. Keep adding ten more until you can have the entire squad together. Let’s hope the players are disciplined enough to stay in their pods.

i didnt think walkons could be on campus at school before the season anyway? they dont get the same ability to be in school like scholie kids do

Shame other schools didn't take the same measured/sensible approach like Cuse. It's still possible to have teams play a P5 only 8-9 games schedule with more bye weeks if conferences decide on standard testing and protocol.

The majority of Syracuse football’s 2020 signing class has officially joined the program for phase two of the team’s summer workouts.

Only Canadians Damien Alford and Ben Labrosse have yet to arrive, according to an SU Athletics spokesperson, as “they are still working through their home country’s process of transitioning to school in the U.S.” That means 16 prospects have joined the five who enrolled in January.

Here’s the full list: DB Robert Hanna, TE Steven Mahar, RB Sean Tucker, OL Garth Barclay, RB Marlowe Wax, ATH Justin Barron, DB Ja’Had Carter, DE Kevin Lemieux, WR Trebor Pena, DE Leon Lowery, LB Anwar Sparrow, OL Josh Ilaoa, DB Chase Atkinson, QB Dillon Markiewicz, P James Williams, QB JaCobian Morgan.

Cody Roscoe, a defensive end transfer from McNeese State, is also among the Orange’s roughly 20 additions for phase two, which started on Thursday.

Labrosse and Alford are two of four international players who have yet to join their teammates this summer. Germans Max Mang and Mark Petry have yet to return to campus after enrolling in the spring, according to SU Athletics.

i didnt think walkons could be on campus at school before the season anyway? they dont get the same ability to be in school like scholie kids do
Yes they can be at school.

I dont think so though this year.. on our campus you cant even be on the campus without permission right now. So a FR walkon wouldnt be part of the school yet.. older walkons perhaps. if they are taking classes

I only know an older one. But his Freshman year he reported in late July. So normal years they do come early.

I am sort of curious as to how the pods break down. Do you have all QBs and receivers together, for example, or do you put 10 of them with 10 “back 7” guys from the defense so you can do 7 on 7? If you did that I would assume OLine and DLine guys would be together for similar reasons.

I am sort of curious as to how the pods break down. Do you have all QBs and receivers together, for example, or do you put 10 of them with 10 “back 7” guys from the defense so you can do 7 on 7? If you did that I would assume OLine and DLine guys would be together for similar reasons.

IIRC I read somewhere they grouped the players based on their home states.

During Prohibition they used to bootleg Canadian Whiskey across Lake Ontario.

Anyone got a boat?

During Prohibition they used to bootleg Canadian Whiskey across Lake Ontario.

Anyone got a boat?

was thinking the same thing we spent last week on the St Lawrence River, it would have been easy to “scoop” someone up on the water from another boat

Side note we may have done some fishing in Canadian waters by accident of course

was thinking the same thing we spent last week on the St Lawrence River, it would have been easy to “scoop” someone up on the water from another boat

Side note we may have done some fishing in Canadian waters by accident of course
I might eventually need you to smuggle me in to see my son who lives in Toronto. Of course coming from AZ, I would have to quarantine in NY for 14 days first, lol!!

It shouldn't be too difficult. The evening news shows used to have segments on the Central American aliens taking a bus north from Plattsburgh close to the border and then walking across away from the official check points where they were welcomed by the authorities and refugee groups.

The players could walk south across the border the same way. ;)