Syracuse football hopes relationship with UCLA's Noel Mazzone brings better results for offense (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football hopes relationship with UCLA's Noel Mazzone brings better results for offense (PS)

Can't say how happy I am to have Acosta and Lester on staff not only for their recruiting prowess, but even more so because they seem to be great offensive minds (not to mention they have head coaching experience albeit lower levels). We all know McDonald's time on the hill may be limited due to him being such a bulldog recruiter so if he shows he can run an effective offense higher profile P-5 schools with bigger pockets may come calling to lure him away as OC or head coaching opportunities will potentially be out there at smaller schools. Lester and Acosta both have experience running successful offenses and seem poised to be future OC's if we were to lose McDonald in the future and hopefully we would still be in great hands. This isn't always the case with position coaches and I'm sure much less likely to have 2 of them on staff at same time.

pretty cool that UNC wanted to head out there and study UCLA's offense but were turned down due to the connection with Syracuse

Coach Shafer continues to make really impressive staffing decisions - I hope he can keep the band together, but even if he loses guys he seems to find other excellent options whenever an opening presents itself