Syracuse football preferred walk-on Cole Murphy details path to kicking for Syracuse (PS: Bailey) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football preferred walk-on Cole Murphy details path to kicking for Syracuse (PS: Bailey)

Don't know if anyone noticed but this kid is putting kickoffs through the uprights! He just made my immediate freshman impact list.

VaSaltine said:
Don't know if anyone noticed but this kid is putting kickoffs through the uprights! He just made my immediate freshman impact list.

Our last freshman kicker had the same type of film. It gets different in college with the 5 yard difference in where you kick off from and with the ball coming out further than it used to on touchbacks. Causes coaches to try to have the kick go higher and shorter.

Pretty jelous of this kid, was always my dream to be a fg kicker for Syracuse and the Packers. Unfortunately I couldnt go to Syracuse because they didnt have my major, so while I was at UB, I tried contacting and emailing the coaches several times and unfortunately they never got back to me. Next thing you know, it was my senior year when I finally made some connections but they implemented a new policy that you needed to be a manager for a year before you could be on the team and I was transfering to a different school for a different program. Would have been nice to know what I could have become with some training and a structured work out plan, I can make anything up to 56 yards. Still amazed at how many college kickers struggle to kick field goals, a good kicker is few and far between. Once or twice a week there is always a college game lost because of several missed fg's. Hope this kid takes advantage of this opportunity, ill be rooting for him.