Syracuse football team officially welcomes Scott Shafer as its new head coach | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football team officially welcomes Scott Shafer as its new head coach

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
shafer_splashpage_v3.jpg

Shafer Promoted to Lead SU Football

Thoughts on Coach Scott Shafer from Around College and Professional Football

Syracuse football team officially welcomes Scott Shafer as its new head coach

Go Orange!

I SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE. GROSS NEED TO HIT MARRONE FOR $1,000,000.00 FOR AN INDOOR PRACTRICE FACILITY. (NASSIB TOO!) ALSO SOME FROM HACKETT!

"I look forward to representing the hard-nosed city of Syracuse and the great state of New York as the head coach of Syracuse University," Shafer said in the news release issued by the school. "We will go to work every day to put a quality product on the field as we storm our way into the Atlantic Coast Conference. We are very motivated to start preparing for the 2013 campaign with our current team and incoming student-athletes."

Something about this statement excited me. Maybe the fact that it seems genuine and not something a PR person wrote. I like Scott's fire

Good luck HCSS!

Doug Marrone's statement on the hiring

"As a Syracuse letterwinner, I am proud to have Scott Shafer leading the football program." "He is a person of high integrity who cares about the student-athletes and their development on and off the field. Scott has proven his expertise as a defensive coordinator and is ready to lead the program."

From

Hopefully, SS's first visit as HC is to Temple, TX.

Doug Marrone's statement on the hiring

"As a Syracuse letterwinner, I am proud to have Scott Shafer leading the football program." "He is a person of high integrity who cares about the student-athletes and their development on and off the field. Scott has proven his expertise as a defensive coordinator and is ready to lead the program."

From
"As a Syracuse letterwinner"??? Doesn't that seem like a strange way to address himself just 2 days removed from the HC job?

Was hesitant at first, but I can get behind this. One of the things that I like, is while he is not alum or born to the area, he discussed about trying to find stability that he thought would be somewhere like Michigan, and now Syracuse is his second longest tenure spot behind Niu , and I think that he will have loyalty and has respect that cuse has given him this chance

Was hesitant at first, but I can get behind this. One of the things that I like, is while he is not alum or born to the area, he discussed about trying to find stability that he thought would be somewhere like Michigan, and now Syracuse is his second longest tenure spot behind Niu , and I think that he will have loyalty and has respect that cuse has given him this chance

Agreed, as a loyal SU Fans, we all will. We may agree to disagree (at least some of us will) at times on the road, but I think we all want him to be successful and for SU to be in the national limelight again. Congrats to Coach Shafer.

Any thoughts who Coach SS, that doesn't sound right, Coach Shafer may be recruiting as far as potential new OC and DC as well as a Special Teams Coach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom