Syracuse football team showing little change with aggressive approach on defense | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football team showing little change with aggressive approach on defense

Liked this comment I saw below the article OE posted:

"I had my 2 year old son with me at the practice on Sunday. As we were leaving because he had gotten cold, Dyshawn Davis was running over to the field and went passed us. Although he was obviously in a hurry to get over to the field, he stopped when he noticed my son looking at him to talk to him for a couple of seconds. That was a pretty nice gesture that he didn't have to make. Lets remember that these guys are 20 something year old kids that have a lot on their plates between football and school, and although they aren't perfect on or off the field, as a whole, they are a pretty nice bunch of young men that deserve our support regardless of wins and losses."

nice gesture by DD. there are a lot of really likeable kids in this program right now...

Thanks, gents. Great news and great story. Music to these Houston based ears.

"I had my 2 year old son with me at the practice on Sunday. As we were leaving because he had gotten cold, Dyshawn Davis was running over to the field and went passed us. Although he was obviously in a hurry to get over to the field, he stopped when he noticed my son looking at him to talk to him for a couple of seconds. That was a pretty nice gesture that he didn't have to make. Lets remember that these guys are 20 something year old kids that have a lot on their plates between football and school, and although they aren't perfect on or off the field, as a whole, they are a pretty nice bunch of young men that deserve our support regardless of wins and losses."

nice gesture by DD. there are a lot of really likeable kids in this program right now...
wait. that's a real comment from Syracuse.com?

vzypzxu.jpg

When I was a little kid I went up to watch practice one day. A football lands near my position by the fence. Player comes over to pick up the ball and says "hey kid". Not much of a story but have been a lifelong fan of Floyd Little ever since.

When I was a little kid, I went up to watch an SU practice, and as the players were leaving the field, I saw Jim Brown. He looked thirsty, so I gave him my coke. He was so grateful, that as he was walking away he said "here kid, catch" and tossed me his #44 jersey.

At least that's what i remember. That's my story, and I'm sticking too it.

When I was a little kid, I went up to watch an SU practice, and as the players were leaving the field, I saw Jim Brown. He looked thirsty, so I gave him my coke. He was so grateful, that as he was walking away he said "here kid, catch" and tossed me his #44 jersey.

You had me up until "kid". Assuming my math is right.

wait. that's a real comment from Syracuse.com?

vzypzxu.jpg
I know - amazing, but there seems to have been a shift in the comments under the football articles coming off the winning season and with SS being such a like-able guy - the trolls have had to retreat somewhat for a while.

I know - amazing, but there seems to have been a shift in the comments under the football articles coming off the winning season and with SS being such a like-able guy - the trolls have had to retreat somewhat for a while.
True...except a couple have migrated over here to spew their venom. I'm still waiting for the admins to pull that crazy EDSPARTAN's green card.

Cool story. I went to a Penn State practice when I was 12, back in the 80's. Therapy is going well.

I got Mean Joe Green's jersey, but he stole my Coca-Cola.

Honeymoon phase. Just wait until we, heaven forbid, lose a game.

True...except a couple have migrated over here to spew their venom. I'm still waiting for the admins to pull that crazy EDSPARTAN's green card.

They already pulled one of his rant-filled, insane threads that he started earlier today. At least the mods here know when to take out the garbage, unlike the dump over at the other board.