Syracuse football won't scrimmage in Rochester this spring | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football won't scrimmage in Rochester this spring

Scott Shafer has instead moved the practice to here:

bm2002-0968-08292340-thunderdome-.jpg

Who is Hank Domin?

He has written several stories on SU football for the syracuse.com web site recently.

This is the closest I have found to a bio on him:

Syracuse Media Group: Hired Hank Domin as sports managing producer as part of the new organization assembled following the decision to print three days per week. Domin most recently spent a brief period at the Connecticut Post as assistant managing editor after seven years at the Albany (N.Y.) Times-Union, also a Hearst newspaper. Domin had been the sports editor in Albany, but also spent 18 months as city editor. He also has worked as a sports copy editor at the Times Herald-Record in Middletown, N.Y., and sports editor at the Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg, Pa.

mediaManager

A couple of things:

With his experience, he would be ideally suited to recruiting the Northeast for the football team.

What exactly is a sports managing producer? Looks like he is going to manage the journalists covering college sports. Sounds like he is filling in with content on a temporary basis while they fill out their new staff.

But I could be wrong.

Welcome Hank.

Hank sounds like someone hired on the cheap to replace talent the Post Standard could no longer afford...

That's too bad. The Rochester scrimmage last year was a good time.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Has there ever been any thoughts on holding a scrimmage down in NYC?

That's too bad. The Rochester scrimmage last year was a good time.

Sent using my Commodore 64
The tentative was April 13. Watch it will probably turn out to be sunny and 70. The stadium will actually be open and up and running this year because the Flash (Women's pro soccer) has a game their the next day. So the water would be turned on, bathrooms working and concessions in place if they wanted to open one day early. Oh well.

Puh-lease! After they do one in Scranton first...:confused:

What's wrong with scrimmaging in NYC - an area we try to recruit hard? The scrimmage is not for people living in Syracuse, it's for recruiting purposes.

The tentative was April 13. Watch it will probably turn out to be sunny and 70. The stadium will actually be open and up and running this year because the Flash (Women's pro soccer) has a game their the next day. So the water would be turned on, bathrooms working and concessions in place if they wanted to open one day early. Oh well.

Wait. How many bathrooms and concessions do you think they are going to open up for a women's soccer game?

just do a semi scrimmage here instead make it open to the public at coyne, or do manley field house 7 on 7s or something

What's wrong with scrimmaging in NYC - an area we try to recruit hard? The scrimmage is not for people living in Syracuse, it's for recruiting purposes.

What's wrong with trying to recruit in Ped State's back yard?:cool:

Wait. How many bathrooms and concessions do you think they are going to open up for a women's soccer game?
Considering the following here in Rochester and the addition of hometown favorite Abby Wambach playing in her first game for the home team I am expecting a sellout or close to it.

Considering the following here in Rochester and the addition of hometown favorite Abby Wambach playing in her first game for the home team I am expecting a sellout or close to it.

ahhh, for whatever reason I took it to mean the game was in the Carrier Dome. ooops.