Syracuse freshman Dajuan Coleman returns to practice on Thursday | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse freshman Dajuan Coleman returns to practice on Thursday

You know, the more I think about this it's a pretty big development.

Roster is pretty much back at full strength. This is the team that ran roughshod over college hoops, not the one we saw not too long ago with some depth and lineup imbalance issues.

Especially big news for @Marquette. I have a feeling 5 extra fouls from the center will come in very handy in that game.

I am sure he will be eased back in to see how his knee copes.
Either way:
YES! Welcome back, big man.

Like CorduroyG mentioned, Please give us a "Hulk Smash Things" outburst. Please, just one.
Hulk_SMASH_by_el_grimlock.jpg

You know, the more I think about this it's a pretty big development.

Roster is pretty much back at full strength. This is the team that ran roughshod over college hoops, not the one we saw not too long ago with some depth and lineup imbalance issues.
Agree.

This feels like a big deal to me. I feel a lot better about the center position with DC as a fall back option. These last few games I've been cringing with every foul taken on by the center position.

This doesn't significantly change the game for the team, but it does give us more flexibility.

I hope JB can keep developing DC2 with game time. I think it is harder for JB to do it when he doesn't start him. Giving the 3rd string center time is going to take a premeditated game plan out of JB. I'm really hoping JB plans first half minutes for DC2 at the first sub pattern, to get time along side of Dirty.

If that is the case then I love this development.
It gets rid of the Rak, DC2, CJ lineup, what a lane clogger. Putting in DC2 with Dirty should be an offensive spark. I always thought the 2 of them would work better together because the shooting threat of Dirty should help keep those pesky help defenders further away from DC2.
Secondly, it gives minutes to Grant. The guy will be receiving time the rest of the way. Pretty nice development for a guy most had slated in for the 4th forward minutes this year (I know Igor's internet connection can't be working now when we are 22-4, but isn't this kind of the antithesis to being "Boeheimed"?).
Third, looks like a larger rotation now. Nine. I see nine people involved. Starting five and Dirty, DC2, BMK + Cooney.
Fourth, if 1st half minutes are given to DC2 there should be no more of the end of game foul concerns for our bigs. In a couple of games it has been tight. The center of that zone is most prone to fouls. We've almost seen Grant (or CJ) there a couple of times and that is no way to be ending a game. Enough of that nonsense.
And the final reason, is the acceptance that the Rak at PF is not working. Mixed feelings about that. Would have been awesome if it could have delivered, the concept of having two McD bigs on the floor. But at this point it is just too offensively challenged to work.

Agree.

This feels like a big deal to me. I feel a lot better about the center position with DC as a fall back option. These last few games I've been cringing with every foul taken on by the center position.

This doesn't significantly change the game for the team, but it does give us more flexibility.

especially that first foul against PC with 10 seconds gone in the first half

If that is the case then I love this development.
It gets rid of the Rak, DC2, CJ lineup, what a lane clogger. Putting in DC2 with Dirty should be an offensive spark. I always thought the 2 of them would work better together because the shooting threat of Dirty should help keep those pesky help defenders further away from DC2.

i wish there were a love button for this

I would LOVE to see Coleman come out of left field and have a monster game against Georgetown.

Considering that typically you stick your worst players (in baseball) in right field, I never fully understood why the saying was coming out of left vs. right. :) :noidea:

Then again, I'm not sure having to match-up against a bunch of bangers down low is the ideal situation for Coleman to ease his knee back into playing shape.

I'm sure his knee is fine or he wouldn't be cleared to play. I hope he finds the explosiveness that wasn't there before the surgery.

Considering that typically you stick your worst players (in baseball) in right field, I never fully understood why the saying was coming out of left vs. right. :) :noidea:
Further OT, but at the big league level you do put your weakest defender in Lf. In little league you put them in rf ;)

OT: Case in point, where did Manny Ramirez play for the Red Sux? LF and he was exceptionally bad at it, but he hit a lot of HRs.

I hope DC used his time on the sidelines wisely. It was a great opportunity to watch other players inside, to learn from his mistakes and hopefully, figure out his role. He'll only get spot minutes. To me, when he comes into games his only concerns should be rebounding and defense. Dont worry about scoring. Just try not to be a liability on defense and grab any rebound that he can.

GOOD NEWS! don't rush. just hoping dajuan's game shape come tourney time. extra weapon down low.