Syracuse gets a mention: "Get ready with 68 names, games, storylines to know for 2022-23" | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse gets a mention: "Get ready with 68 names, games, storylines to know for 2022-23"

djcon57

Living Legend

47. As mentioned earlier, Calipari is entering a season with more pressure on him than ever before ... and he might have Hall of Fame company. The more I think about it, I think something sort of similar could be in play at Syracuse. No, Jim Boeheim cannot be on a true "hot seat" there. But: SU hasn't finished better than two games above .500 in league play, nor won more than 19 games in a regular season, since 2013-14, which was the last time the program received a seed better than No. 8 in the NCAAs. Syracuse fans are hungry and fidgety. Maybe the Orange surprise people this season.

47. As mentioned earlier, Calipari is entering a season with more pressure on him than ever before ... and he might have Hall of Fame company. The more I think about it, I think something sort of similar could be in play at Syracuse. No, Jim Boeheim cannot be on a true "hot seat" there. But: SU hasn't finished better than two games above .500 in league play, nor won more than 19 games in a regular season, since 2013-14, which was the last time the program received a seed better than No. 8 in the NCAAs. Syracuse fans are hungry and fidgety. Maybe the Orange surprise people this season.

Jeez….didnt realize its been 8 years since winning 20 in regular season. Thats just embarrassing

If, after the 2014 Duke game when we all felt like SU was on top of the college basketball world with absolutely no signs of chinks in the armor, you said we wouldn't have another 20 win regular season for at least 9 years, the board probably would have had you burned for witchcraft.

Its sad when you see it laid out like this.

If, after the 2014 Duke game when we all felt like SU was on top of the college basketball world with absolutely no signs of chinks in the armor, you said we wouldn't have another 20 win regular season for at least 9 years, the board probably would have had you burned for witchcraft.
Lol. So true! Thank god for the Final Four and sweet 16 runs, the Battle for Atlantis title, and some of the huge regular season wins. We need to find a big name coach who can come in and right the ship.

monty python GIF
monty python GIF

8 yrs and counting of new or semi new hoops fans who only know of SU as a bubble team that isn't ranked and has been a reliable pick as an underdog in the tourney.

We aren't in their mentions most of the year in terms of big matchups either. This can't keep adding up. The more we excuse it the more we are a homer fanbase that others laugh at for thinking we matter more than we do as a brand. It's just reality right now that is evident by articles like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom