Syracuse gets commitment from Class of 2015 recruit Moustapha Diagne | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse gets commitment from Class of 2015 recruit Moustapha Diagne

Projected to be both. Versatile enough to play either, but I'm sure he'll find his niche.
Tee, didn't Diagne (Diane with a G) play for Team Bravery? I think I noticed him guarding Howard and defending him very well in the open court. He moves well for a guy his size and already has a midrange jumper. I wasn't watching him as closely as I should have been b/c they kept calling him "Deng". What was your take (or if you posted on him in the Recruiting board, I'll check you out there).

Tee, didn't Diagne (Diane with a G) play for Team Bravery? I think I noticed him guarding Howard and defending him very well in the open court. He moves well for a guy his size and already has a midrange jumper. I wasn't watching him as closely as I should have been b/c they kept calling him "Deng". What was your take (or if you posted on him in the Recruiting board, I'll check you out there).

Dan Lyons' story (the only one I've seen to address the pronunciation) said his name is pronounced "Jang." Post-Standard to the rescue, please, unless I've missed something earlier.-VBOF

Dan Lyons' story (the only one I've seen to address the pronunciation) said his name is pronounced "Jang." Post-Standard to the rescue, please, unless I've missed something earlier.-VBOF
Yes, that's how the announcer was pronouncing his name ... and now it seems so obvious (why didn't I pick that up). But at least there are highlights that show him going, what, 8 for 9? A hook, jumper, jams, layups on drives... pretty sweet offensive repertoire (against limited defense).

Yes, that's how the announcer was pronouncing his name ... and now it seems so obvious (why didn't I pick that up). But at least there are highlights that show him going, what, 8 for 9? A hook, jumper, jams, layups on drives... pretty sweet offensive repertoire (against limited defense).
I like him better than I thought I would just didn't see him dominate the boards or on defense. I had company in my room so I couldn't focus 100% so I could be wrong.

I like him better than I thought I would just didn't see him dominate the boards or on defense. I had company in my room so I couldn't focus 100% so I could be wrong.
Hey, Danny, yes I agree. He wasn't exploding on the glass or dunking over people. However, from his highlights, you can see he's capable of more dominant low-post play than we saw saturday.

How are you feeling btw?

Hey, Danny, yes I agree. He wasn't exploding on the glass or dunking over people. However, from his highlights, you can see he's capable of more dominant low-post play than we saw saturday.

How are you feeling btw?
Good days bad days. Staying positive, Tomcat has been great he's only second to my wife in visitations.

Last edited: