Syracuse has Buffalo wrapped up here is other first/second round sites look IMO | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse has Buffalo wrapped up here is other first/second round sites look IMO

Alsacs

Living Legend
These 11 teams I believe have locked up top 4 seeds. Florida, Arizona, Villanova, Wichita State, Wisconsin, Syracuse, Michigan, Kansas, Duke, Virginia, Creighton.

I think Cincinnati, Louisville, Michigan State, San Diego State look real solid as well that is 15 teams.

Which leaves the final top 4 seed to come from North Carolina, Iowa State, Oklahoma, UConn.

Orlando
Florida
Louisville/Cincinnati higher seed

Raleigh
Virginia
Duke

Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Michigan

St. Louis
Wichita State
Kansas

Buffalo
Villanova
Syracuse

Spokane
San Diego State

San Diego
Arizona

San Antonio
Creighton

The last 3 slots Michigan State, Cincinnati/Louisville(lower seed), Iowa State/Oklahoma/North Carolina team would be determined by the conference tournament results. However, one of each will get shipped to Spokane, San Diego, San Antonio.

Technically Villanova is closer to Raleigh. I would love to see a 3 seed Duke (behind Nova and Virginia) get the shaft and be sent out of town.

EDIT - My bad, I had read it before as a possibiliyu, but based on a quick map check, it is actually about equal distant... Buffalo a few miles closer. So no Duke will not get shafted.

Philadelphia to Raleigh is 401.2 miles, Philadelphia to Buffalo is 374.3 miles. I think Villanova is going to Buffalo. I would love Duke to get shipped, but if didn't get Durham they would go to Orlando.

Also, I think if any school is going to get an advantage if Kansas gets moved down due to Embiid it will be Duke. Last year was the first time I can remember Duke getting shafted by being put in Louisville's region.

Technically Villanova is closer to Raleigh. I would love to see a 3 seed Duke (behind Nova and Virginia) get the shaft and be sent out of town.

EDIT - My bad, I had read it before as a possibiliyu, but based on a quick map check, it is actually about equal distant... Buffalo a few miles closer. So no Duke will not get shafted.

Besides Duke wouldn't get shafted, we would. There were several weeks of bracketologies during the year that had us going to Orlando. We didn't get switched to Raleigh until semi-recently. If 'Nova somehow gets moved out of Buffalo, we'll be packed off to Orlando without a second thought by the NCAA.

Besides Duke wouldn't get shafted, we would. There were several weeks of bracketologies during the year that had us going to Orlando. We didn't get switched to Raleigh until semi-recently. If 'Nova somehow gets moved out of Buffalo, we'll be packed off to Orlando without a second thought by the NCAA.
Don't ever talk to Syracuse fans about getting shafted by the NCAA Tournament com. We had one snub, one bad snub, and one absurdly epic snub, and never have been put in the Tournament when we were anywhere near the bubble. I still hate the NCAA tournament commitee and i know it changes every year.

Don't ever talk to Syracuse fans about getting shafted by the NCAA Tournament com. We had one snub, one bad snub, and one absurdly epic snub, and never have been put in the Tournament when we were anywhere near the bubble. I still hate the NCAA tournament commitee and i know it changes every year.

So which years were the snub and the bad snub? The only real screwjob was 2007. In 1997, 2002, and 2008 I was resigned to the fact that they weren't getting in before the Selection show started.

kirbivore said:
So which years were the snub and the bad snub? The only real screwjob was 2007. In 1997, 2002, and 2008 I was resigned to the fact that they weren't getting in before the Selection show started.

Michigan st 2 minutes from their campus comes to mind

he's talking about years where SU didn't make it, so I was referring to getting left out of the dance screwjobs

the other screwjobs are a whole other subject

Besides the fact that East Lansing is 80 miles from Auburn Hills, I don't understand why people always bring this up. They were the #1 seed. They had every claim to that location. There are several examples of teams playing regionals less than 80 miles from their campus.

how I see it currently:

Buffalo:
Nova
Syracuse

Orlando:
Florida

Raleigh:
Virginia
Duke

San Diego:
Arizona

Spokane:

St Louis:
Wichita St
Kansas

San Antonio:
Creighton
Iowa State

Milwaukee:
Wisconsin
Michigan

so 2 Spokane slots,1 Orlando and 1 san Diego slot for the 4 seeds:
North Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville, Michigan St

whoever is ranked highest will get Orlando

how I see it currently:

Buffalo:
Nova
Syracuse

Orlando:
Florida

Raleigh:
Virginia
Duke

San Diego:
Arizona

Spokane:

St Louis:
Wichita St
Kansas

San Antonio:
Creighton
Iowa State

Milwaukee:
Wisconsin
Michigan

so 2 Spokane slots,1 Orlando and 1 san Diego slot for the 4 seeds:
North Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville, Michigan St

whoever is ranked highest will get Orlando
Chris I respect your opinions, but San Diego State is 27-3 and won the MWC regular season they are a top 4 seed right now. I think they are pretty much locked into Spokane or San Antonio. I would think Spokane just because it would be easier for everyone else.

Chris I respect your opinions, but San Diego State is 27-3 and won the MWC regular season they are a top 4 seed right now. I think they are pretty much locked into Spokane or San Antonio. I would think Spokane just because it would be easier for everyone else.

definitely Spokane

1981 won the BE tournament and Dave Gavitt and company left us out on a technicality. There was another year beside 2007 where most thought we were in. I'll have to research though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom