syracuse hires a p.r. firm,one that failed twice in big cases recently | Syracusefan.com

syracuse hires a p.r. firm,one that failed twice in big cases recently

Failed twice? It's a PR firm, not a law firm. They can't do anything about whether the parties they work for did something wrong or not. All they can do is manage the dissemination of information

Sounds pro bono from the writeup so why not?

Well they said specifically they didn't hire the firm and they bounce some things off the alum who owns the place from time to time.

Nice headline... you got got it wrong twice.

SU didn't "hire" the PR firm. It says so right there in the article.

AND

The firm didn't "fail twice" in big cases recently - They went into spin mode AFTER the governors messed up. Guess what, no one's talking about those governors anymore so, win for them.

Why didn't you just go for the trifecta and make up one more falsity?

Well they said specifically they didn't hire the firm and they bounce some things off the alum who owns the place from time to time.
I guess I just have my doubts that people like that work for free and whether it is a good idea that they do.

I guess I just have my doubts that people like that work for free and whether it is a good idea that they do.

They are doing it out of pride as the cofounder is an alum. They make a living dealing with delicate situations.

Only questionable thing is that I would have positioned Paul ("the buddy") as someone e University has gone to for a variety of issues over the years. This coming out now can be construed by public opinion as a negative...but I bet that SU is getting free work in return for this looking like a positive case study for the firm.

FYI, Paul Verbinnen and his agency are very well regarded. This is a great move, IMO.

Now the real question: how much will they listen to his counsel?

Verbinnen is a Syracuse grad, correct? Apologies, I'm trying to read fewer and fewer articles about this. But it would make sense why he'd go pro-bono, other than just being a huge U2 fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom