Syracuse opens -1 over Minnesota... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -1 over Minnesota...

We have Cj Fair and Jerami Grant, they do not.

That's all that concerns me.

If that's true, I hope Minny is not the 9th best team in the Big 10.

That seems low to me. huh.

Yeah, same here. I saw another thread where some guy picked the Cuse as 4 point favorites, and someone posted that if something actually opened with that line, it wouldn't last long(meaning he apparently thought that was way too low). Here's where the debate whether oddsmakers know anything and if "trap" lines exist often comes up. If someone were to believe this was one of them, then as a fan I'd be worried the experts(not the talking heads) expect us to lose. I just checked to see if the line had changed and it has moved to -2, so the money must be going on Syracuse so far.

CaptainJ said:
Yeah, same here. I saw another thread where some guy picked the Cuse as 4 point favorites, and someone posted that if something actually opened with that line, it wouldn't last long(meaning he apparently thought that was way too low). Here's where the debate whether oddsmakers know anything and if "trap" lines exist often comes up. If someone were to believe this was one of them, then as a fan I'd be worried the experts(not the talking heads) expect us to lose. I just checked to see if the line had changed and it has moved to -2, so the money must be going on Syracuse so far.

Sagarin had cuse as 4 point favorite a week ago. Then, a few days ago it switched to Minnesota favored by 3. Like you said, currently it's Cuse -2

If that's true, I hope Minny is not the 9th best team in the Big 10.
Michigan lost to Charlotte last night. So I hope not as well. Big 10 shall burn in hell.

Tough matchup because Minnesota is going to press and probably play a lot of zone, which plays to our weaknesses, which are generally considered to ball handling, shooting from deep and guard depth. Minnesota is a team that will get exposed by teams with experienced guards but for us, in November, in game 5 when Ennis is still figuring out the different looks that collegiate defenses(see: St. Francis) can throw out, they’re a tough out.

We really need Ennis to make good decisions and Gbinije to be competent handling the ball against the press in his backup PG duties. Hoping the lack of a backup PG doesn’t rear its ugly head today.

Still, I expect a big night from CJ and Grant. Not sure they have legitimate answers there.

I am concerned about the heat and how it will affect our team. I am also concerned about moisture on the court and someone getting hurt.

Minnesota is going to be a tough game. I will not make any predictions about who is going to win out of superstition.

But, I really like this year's team. I think part of the reason they did not play so well against St Francis was the distraction of going to Maui. Now that they are there I think the Orange are going to step up big and play a lot harder for a big game. JB will make sure the team understands Minnesota is not a cream puff.

My prediction is our players step up their level of play BIG-TIME!!! GO ORANGE!!!

Dave85 said:
I am concerned about the heat and how it will affect our team. I am also concerned about moisture on the court and someone getting hurt. Minnesota is going to be a tough game. I will not make any predictions about who is going to win out of superstition. But, I really like this year's team. I think part of the reason they did not play so well against St Francis was the distraction of going to Maui. Now that they are there I think the Orange are going to step up big and play a lot harder for a big game. JB will make sure the team understands Minnesota is not a cream puff. My prediction is our players step up their level of play BIG-TIME!!! GO ORANGE!!!

Really? The heat? It won't be a factor. And don't think there's any moisture on the court.

Tough matchup because Minnesota is going to press and probably play a lot of zone, which plays to our weaknesses, which are generally considered to ball handling, shooting from deep and guard depth. Minnesota is a team that will get exposed by teams with experienced guards but for us, in November, in game 5 when Ennis is still figuring out the different looks that collegiate defenses(see: St. Francis) can throw out, they’re a tough out.

We really need Ennis to make good decisions and Gbinije to be competent handling the ball against the press in his backup PG duties. Hoping the lack of a backup PG doesn’t rear its ugly head today.

Still, I expect a big night from CJ and Grant. Not sure they have legitimate answers there.
I guess my response as a coach of this team to that would be to push the ball, use CJ/Gbinije to help bring the ball up and pass over the press to streakign Grant/CJ and Roberson for some run and gun slams. Against a zone I'd put CJ at the foul line (thats what teams would do to us if they had a CJ type player). He could pass, shoot or drive from there. .

Really? The heat? It won't be a factor. And don't think there's any moisture on the court.

I hope you are right. The internets say 79 degrees, rain, and 63% humidity. I just hope the temp inside the gym is not 110 degrees. If it get's down to 60 degrees at night I hope the court floor is not too cold. That's what I am thinking. I never been to Maui but it sounds more like Florida than Aruba.

Don't mind that 35 mph wind. What a crazy game that was. It just doesn't seem right to play basketball on a boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom