Syracuse opens -17 over Nova... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens -17 over Nova...

690West

Moneyline Master
Holy sheeeet! I ain't betting against my Orange but +17 might be the easiest money ever

I think we win easily but 17 is nutso

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Holy sheeeet! I ain't betting against my Orange but +17 might be the easiest money ever

I thought the South Florida & Providence lines were high (1-1), but holy crap, this one has me hanging on to my wallet.

well, according to the Pomeroy statistics, Nova (a) turns the ball over a lot (22.2% of possessions, ranked 258 in protecting the ball) and (b) has one of the worst 3 point defenses in the nation (opponents shoot 36.7%, 290th). So, the transition game should be able to roll and this looks like an opponent built to get the Orange shooters out of their slump. Could be a rout. Pomeroy predicts a 19 point SU margin and gives the Cats just a 6% shot at winning.

Nova...where have ye gone? When was the last time we were a 17 pt fave against Jay Wright?

The lines are always going to start out right near the Pomeroy number and veer a few points. But math wise, this line is accurate.

Nova has been playing better, a decent road win in its last game. I don't think +17 is easy money, but its not a bad play.

Have to remember that many of these Big East schools have played alot of cupcakes, and didn't really trounce them.

I do know that in the last few years road teams have fared a lot better in the Big East (in terms of win%) compared to other power conferences. Not sure why - but I suspect If you would have always bet the road team on money line, you would probably come out well ahead since 2011.