Syracuse Orange Changing The Way They Recruit Under Scott Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Orange Changing The Way They Recruit Under Scott Shafer

Thanks OE. I for one like the way you are posting the articles individually...makes it less likely I miss one.

Love him or hate him that story under the traits that shaped Marrone was an excellent article.

I don't get the Marrone hate around here. After what he did, you could make an argument that he deserves a statue outside the dome.

We were dead. Not just dead, but D-E-A-D dead.

He salvaged a completely lost program and put us back to a point where we are respectable, and have a nice stable base to build off of.

I don't care that he left. Heck, the new regime seems to be even better (at least on recruiting so far, which is no small deal). All I wanted was to not be embarrassed about the football program, and Marrone gave that to me.

I don't get the Marrone hate around here. After what he did, you could make an argument that he deserves a statue outside the dome.

He salvaged a completely lost program and put us back to a point where we are respectable, and have a nice stable base to build off of.

I don't care that he left. Heck, the new regime seems to be even better (at least on recruiting so far, which is no small deal). All I wanted was to not be embarrassed about the football program, and Marrone gave that to me.

I don't sense allot of DM hate on this board. Dismay at the way he left yes but most posters here respect his resurrection of the program, but I also think maybe he wasn't the right person to bring us to the next level, and maybe HCSS isn't either as we haven't seen his team play yet, but I do have a real good feeling about him.

I will truly miss Doug Marrone.

He became my hero while he was here - I truly appreciate what he did and how he went about doing it.

We should all be grateful for his resurection of SU Football.

Couldn't agree more, before he came I was disgusted with what had become of the team I loved so much. Not just the wins and losses but their attitude, demeanor etc. Marrone not only brought us back to respectability but he did it the right way, preaching character throughout.

Doug Marrone =

images

Doug Marron brought back a Orange program that was on life support and about to die. He was good, that is why he is in the NFL now. Shaeffer seems to be the better recruiter and if you ask me that is probably more than to be a good coach because you have assistants doing a lot of the coaching and if you can get the good players (home-grown especially) then you are winning the Battle. I am looking forward to see Shaeffer lock up the whole North-east in the next few years. We already have NY State and NYC locked up and also NJ and Conn mostly locked up, watch in the next few years every best player from Maine to Maryland will want to play for us.

It is a return of what is right, we have regained our status in College football as an elite program and maybe not everyone else realizes it yet but within a couple years they will know what we already know.

The main thing too is we always recruit guys of good character unlike the SEC that recruits anyone even if they are criminals. I am so pysched to watch our team now because we are going to be better each year until a few years from now when we win ACC outright and probably content for and even win a National Championship BCS Bowl game.