Syracuse recruiting profile: Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse recruiting profile: Tyler Ennis

I've criticized Waters in the past for not doing enough when it comes to SU recruiting, but I like this format. Some of it we might have already seen as frequenters of this site, etc., but even so, supposedly we'll get a profile a day for the next two weeks - good idea. It's nice to see the P-S heading in this direction. And thanks, Orangeyes, for the heads-up.

Feels like the average rabid fan on these boards knew more about this kid 2 years ago.

Feels like the average rabid fan on these boards knew more about this kid 2 years ago.

Maybe so but any exposure to possible recruits only benifits SU fans that don't come to this site and I'm sure makes the new recruit feel pretty good.

Maybe so but any exposure to possible recruits only benifits SU fans that don't come to this site and I'm sure makes the new recruit feel pretty good.
Sorry but Francis info and updates are heads and shoulders above anyone's right now. I'll stick with him.

Sorry but Francis info and updates are heads and shoulders above anyone's right now. I'll stick with him.

I wasn't comparing the two.

I agree Francis and the other insiders are an invaluable resource to the board. I could be mistaken but what I think he was trying to say is that not everyone in CNY reads this board. It's nice that the paper/Syracuse.com is doing more to get some of these recruits names out there for the casual fan who like I/we said may not frequent the online forums. This may surprise you but many people aren't too into following a recruit until after they've found out they've committed to Syracuse. I don't mean that in a sarcastic or condescending way i just genuinely have noticed that.

Also, it can never hurt to stroke these kids egos a little bit and make them feel like the program as well as the city in general wants them to come aboard. If I was a recruit and found out the local paper or beat writer was writing stories about me it would definitely help that papers program. At the end of he day a lot of these kids want to feel like the program really wants them to come aboard, and even if it's not huge a blog or article in the local paper can help in doing that.

I agree Francis and the other insiders are an invaluable resource to the board. I could be mistaken but what I think he was trying to say is that not everyone in CNY reads this board. It's nice that the paper/Syracuse.com is doing more to get some of these recruits names out there for the casual fan who like I/we said may not frequent the online forums. This may surprise you but many people aren't too into following a recruit until after they've found out they've committed to Syracuse. I don't mean that in a sarcastic or condescending way i just genuinely have noticed that.

Also, it can never hurt to stroke these kids egos a little bit and make them feel like the program as well as the city in general wants them to come aboard. If I was a recruit and found out the local paper or beat writer was writing stories about me it would definitely help that papers program. At the end of he day a lot of these kids want to feel like the program really wants them to come aboard, and even if it's not huge a blog or article in the local paper can help in doing that.
I can not believe the number of people I run into, who are huge SU fans that have never heard of this forum.

I can't believe the number of people who claim to be fans are completely uninterested when I mention it to them.

It seems they would rather not know anything about their team.

I can not believe the number of people I run into, who are huge SU fans that have never heard of this forum.

We are the largest online SU community but still only a fraction of the fanbase.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The die hards are here, all others arent at the level of sickness that we are!

I would consider Anyone who comes to this site a die hard fan. I've told a friend of mine about the site many times and he doesn't care to check it out. I get annoyed at people who claim to be big fans but don't come around until a big game or tournament. They are bandwagon fans.

That is exactly what I meant. Maybe it didn't translate they way I meant it to.

DAMN YOU
I'm going to use Orange Town's link. I like his avatar better.
PS OT: if an avatar is suppose to represent your how does JLH represent you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom