Syracuse RPI is 85 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse RPI is 85

Edfromsodus

Scout Team
Yikes. The highest RPI bid ever to make the NCAA tournament was 72, the Syracuse Orange last year.

That has to be wrong, it was 80 going in, no way we dropped 5 spots.

Bad losses inflate your RPI that is why it's being phased out by the committee.
Bad losses are irrelevant as all bubbler teams have shown they can lose games. Good wins/road wins matter a lot more.

how many teams have 15 losses before this year..

RPI is wacked because of the bad teams,, it doesnt matter how bad once you out of the top 100 or so and totally skews your data.

if kansas played our schedule and was 25-5 it would almost the same RPI a bit lower with the wins but still pretty high.

Repeat after me.

RPI

DOESN'T

MATTER

Thought it mattered this year and not next year.

It may not matter but no matter how you slice it an 80 is an 80 and it's bad and no team has ever made it in with that number or worse.

It may not matter but no matter how you slice it an 80 is an 80 and it's bad and no team has ever made it in with that number or worse.
Someone posted a response to me a few days ago saying it was this year it importance was devalued. :noidea:

How do they calculate Top 25/Top 50/etc. wins?
As of now, RPI is used on a high level to group teams, much like the top 25/50/100 that you noted. However, when looking at a team on a more detailed, individual basis, the committee will consider all metrics (KP, Sagrin, BPI).

As of now, RPI is used on a high level to group teams, much like the top 25/50/100 that you noted. However, when looking at a team on a more detailed, individual basis, the committee will consider all metrics (KP, Sagrin, BPI).
So, RPI does matter? ;)

This is the last year that the RPI will be being used. However, it has been stated that the past few years, the committee has significantly lessened the value of the RPI. In our case, our KP/BPI/Sagrain are all around 55 or better - our RPI is the outlier. In a case like that, it is easier to ignore the RPI

This is the last year that the RPI will be being used. However, it has been stated that the past few years, the committee has significantly lessened the value of the RPI. In our case, our KP/BPI/Sagrain are all around 55 or better - our RPI is the outlier. In a case like that, it is easier to ignore the RPI
From your lips...

Someone posted a response to me a few days ago saying it was this year it importance was devalued. :noidea:

It very well could be possible, but I haven't seen anything legit released stated what I've seen multiple people posting here.

If we had a better RPI and not sexy big wins I think the same people would be saying that "This is the last year for the RPI, we have a good RPI so we'll get in."

RPI should not matter at an individual team level... but I am afraid that the optics of an *8" could skew how a few evaluate the things that matter. The offset, hopefully, is that while conference record should not matter in itself . it influences how a few evaluate the other things that matter.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
There's one example out of 60+ teams for the past how many years? All I know is that I've read that they're using it this year and it'll be the last year.
One example? Sheesh, you're obviously not paying attention. It would be strange if they used individual team RPI to judge a team after two years of not and the year before they do away with it entirely.

Bad losses inflate your RPI that is why it's being phased out by the committee.
Bad losses are irrelevant as all bubbler teams have shown they can lose games. Good wins/road wins matter a lot more.

Good point, then we are gone, we have 1/3. We have good home wins, 3. We have bad road losses, and were a mess on the road as a whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom