Syracuse/South Florida Recap: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse/South Florida Recap: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Great summation, as usual!

I wonder if Dion is a little bit hurt? He tends to drive the ball and then get fouled, ending up crashing into the camera man or cheerleaders on the floor. He does this a lot. Often he is slow to get up. He grimaces. He seems slower and more tentative.

I also wonder about the weight of expectations on this team. People say they are over confident, but it seems they are lacking confidence. No one wants to shoot the ball (make a mistake). It seems that before when we went to the Final Four, it was a happy surprise. But the constant drum beat for this team is: national championship - or failure. And they want it badly, too. This can work on a player's mind. Hopefully, Scoop can become motivator/shrink!

I don't think Dion's hurt. His main issue right now is he's not willing to pass as much when he drives as he was earlier in the season. With his ability to drive, when he's willing to find the open man it makes him nearly impossible to guard at this level. Lately, he's made up his mind he's going to score. Teams are collapsing and forcing him to score over three guys.

I dont think the weight of expectations has done anything to the team. I think they're complacent because they just want to get to the NCAA tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom