Syracuse to Brooklyn | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse to Brooklyn

20Plus

What is your recommendation? I am not committing to a hotel until they win if they lose we head back .

In the past for the garden I've driven to Tarrytown and taking the train l.

I've also driven to Seacaucus then parked for free at a hotel and took a bus then a train/subway.

In December I drove to Paramus New Jersey hotel got a shuttle driver to the train station in Paramus and made my way to the garden.

What are people suggestion it doesn't seem to far from Penn Station to Barclay

You can take the 2/3 from Penn Station to Barclays. Straight shot and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes

You can take the 2/3 from Penn Station to Barclays. Straight shot and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes
Yeah, I think almost all of the subway lines meet at that Barclays Center Station.

What is your recommendation? I am not committing to a hotel until they win if they lose we head back .

I've also driven to Seacaucus then parked for free at a hotel and took a bus then a train/subway.

In December I drove to Paramus New Jersey hotel got a shuttle driver to the train station in Paramus and made my way to the garden.

Secaucus may be good idea.
Can get hotel shuttle or cab to Secaucus Junction. Then train from there to Penn Station for $4.25. (Should be 12-15 minutes).
From Penn Station you can take the 2 train (local) to Barclay's Center/Atlantic Ave. (Should take around 20 minutes).

Also...just for this board's record for veracity...there is no train station in Paramus.
Not even train tracks...except for the kiddie ride at the Van Saun Park Zoo.
But you can find pretty much any major retailer known to man.

Hope you didn't stay at the Holiday Inn on Route 17 N.
It's the place where Bill Maher started his career.
But was better known for the women who "worked" there.

Anyway...here's hoping you have a safe trip and a weekend-long stay!

Can get hotel shuttle or cab to Secaucus Junction. Then train from there to Penn Station for $4.25. (Should be 12-15 minutes).
From Penn Station you can take the 2 train (local) to Barclay's Center/Atlantic Ave. (Should take around 20 minutes).

Also...just for this board's record for veracity...there is no train station in Paramus.

I forgot the train station the hotel shuttle driver drove us to but it probably was outside of Paramus them ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Was it the Holiday Inn Paramus?

Route 17 N - a road where one literally cannot get to the other side of the street.

Did Frozen authorize this?

Everybody's planning their trips to Barclays and here I am, in Brooklyn, envious of all of you. I'll be at work tomorrow but I will take the B train to get there, coasting directly under the arena. So I'll be there in spirit.

my suggestion is decide how much you have to spend, and then look at maps... maps of hotels relative to the Barclays. you know how maps work right? also, google transit is a pretty good help. good luck sir.

Or go the southerly route across the Verrazano to Bay Ridge, park and take a direct subway shot to Barclays. Find a place to stay in Bay Ridge for subsequent games. Straight shot home through SI / Jersey. Or not.

We can forgive them for BM if their employees are friendly, even if you dont consider them the most industrious.

LIC is a good alternative

Also Long Island in general because the LIRR goes to the Atlantic AV stop.

Native Brooklynite here.

Probably went to River Edge or Paramus Train Station.

Native Bergen Countian(?) here. I'm just driving right from my town (Fort Lee) to Barclays. 15 miles away but google maps says over an hour of driving right now...

I think Secaucus option is a better approach than Tarrytown in general and especially now, given the Metro North trains all end at Grand Central Station and you need to get to Brooklyn. Good luck!

I think Secaucus option is a better approach than Tarrytown in general and especially now, given the Metro North trains all end at Grand Central Station and you need to get to Brooklyn. Good luck!
We drove all the way in and park near McMahon's in a garage with the parking three way spilt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom