Syracuse - UConn marathon on ESPN Classic Monday | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse - UConn marathon on ESPN Classic Monday

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Before we play Monday night in MSG against UConn, you can catch the following games on ESPN Classic. All times are Eastern

7 am 1992 at Syracuse
9 am 1995 at UConn
11 am 1997 at Syracuse
1 pm 2011 BET semifinal game
3 pm 2009 BET 6 OT game

What's the W-L on those?

They just had a two games from the 90s on Friday night I think. I saw 1991 Syracuse vs Uconn. So much fun. Remember when basketball was fun? Uptempo?

Syracuse played a lot of m2m and switched to zone at the very end to control the lead. UConn played zone. Both teams played so hard. The game was back and forth.

Syracuse was a force on the boards with Ellis at center (Man that guy could play both ends! He was everywhere, blocking shots, running the floor), Dave Johnson, and Billy Owens. Those three really got after it. Autry and Edwards up top. Conrad Mcrae, Mike Hopkins and Scottie McCorkle off the bench.

ESPN classic right now 91-92
I know they're going to show 2011, 1995, 1997 and of course 2009

hopkins inserted as designated ft shooter for mcrae hits the game winner . (airballed the second shot ha.). fun to watch.

hopkins inserted as designated ft shooter for mcrae hits the game winner . (airballed the second shot ha.). fun to watch.

I had to go to work and only caught the first half. Was this the Moten kiss?

yep. it must have jinxed him ! strange part was that hopkins was only shooting 50% from the line for the season. mcrae (feigning injury) was 60%.

That's awesome! Of course this was before the days of DVR so you couldn't rewind. But I remember seeing Moten kiss Hop and being like "Did I really see what I think I just saw???"

Before we play Monday night in MSG against UConn, you can catch the following games on ESPN Classic. All times are Eastern

7 am 1992 at Syracuse
9 am 1995 at UConn
11 am 1997 at Syracuse
1 pm 2011 BET semifinal game
3 pm 2009 BET 6 OT game

I get 900+ channels which I will never watch for any reason, but not ESPN Classic.

FYI, the website uconnhuskygames.com has more or less every SU/UConn game ever played. It's a great way to see old teams of ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom