Syracuse V. Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse V. Kentucky

Or it could be construed as waiting for UK to decide whether they wanted him.

Mom is clearly on SUs side, which is a humongous plus in our direction.

Kentucky offered Thomas Bryant.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...ball_target_thomas_bryant.html#incart_m-rpt-2

I really hope we beat Calipari for him. And Indiana is apparently still in it.
I hate to be an optimist...but he's waiting for the spring to declare ...and that can be construed as his giving us time to open up a scholarship for him.

Note that Kentucky has already accepted three LOI's for Scholarships they do not have at the moment. They have no graduating scholarship players and have 13 scholarship players right now. They have to have at least 3 players declare or leave next year to avoid disappointing the three recruits that are already on board. I agree that 3 or more more Kentucky players are likely to leave - but it is a gamble.

Note that Kentucky has already accepted three LOI's for Scholarships they do not have at the moment. They have no graduating scholarship players and have 13 scholarship players right now. They have to have at least 3 players declare or leave next year to avoid disappointing the three recruits that are already on board. I agree that 3 or more more Kentucky players are likely to leave - but it is a gamble.
Kentucky has 12 scholarship players and 1 walk on who is on scholarship because it was available. Alex Poythress is also graduating this year, somehow without ever attending class according to you people who know him so well. He can still go to grad school and play his last year but we'll see.

First, I believe in the end he will be Syracuse Orange.

Second, Kentucky has offers and interest to other highly ranked players (and big men) and already has a commitment from Big man Skal Labissiere.

Third, when did Thomas Bryant become the next Lebron James, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the minds of Syracuse fans ?

Kentucky has 12 scholarship players and 1 walk on who is on scholarship because it was available. Alex Poythress is also graduating this year, somehow without ever attending class according to you people who know him so well. He can still go to grad school and play his last year but we'll see.

Yeah Coach Cal runs a well run and clean program. Always has, and always will. The man is not just a great basketball coach, he is a great american.

And, now that you have done your daily Kentucky and Coach Cal tribute

tumblr_n3foidtoJs1sey443o1_500.gif

our biggest pitch has to be minutes. the one thing kentucky simply can't offer.

if Bryant goes with UK after we have always been there than I say good riddance to the kid. I still think he comes here and probation would be only reason he goes elsewhere.

if Bryant goes with UK after we have always been there than I say good riddance to the kid. I still think he comes here and probation would be only reason he goes elsewhere.

Probation does not mean, what you or people commonly think or mistaken it to mean. It means being watched like a hawk, and have to make regular reports to show doing everything accordingly during the duration.

It means nothing.

If UK steals Bryant... i mean seriously.. its just time to deassemble the NCAA and even the playing field. Let the money flow and cards fall.

It has already been written about how his mother said that one criteria is how the teams roster shakes out for 15-16. Who is leaving/returning. One could read that if CM stays, then Bryant won't come unless some else happens at Indiana. And he has narrowed his choice to two; SU and Indiana.

Well, UK just accepted a verbal from a high school player who may not be attending class this year.

I have ignored and unignored might be time to join the club again...lol

The ignore part of this particular equation is so much less syracuse dot com like. It is good to be here. Welcome back!

our biggest pitch has to be minutes. the one thing kentucky simply can't offer.

Yes, because if there is one thing that Syracuse big men can never worry about in their Freshman and Sophomore years, it's that they'll get minutes.

Get real, compare the minutes incoming big men get between Syracuse and Kentucky, Kentucky is the way better situation if he wants guaranteed minutes.

I know the mods are pretty hands off here, but you'd figure someone would have an opinion on people campaigning to get folks to ignore(personally banish, a lifelong shun) certain members. I don't have a horse in this race but it would seem those type of posts are a bit of a jab at the person receiving however many personal bans.

I'm not saying whomever the target is is in the right, it would just seem things could be handled a bit differently. Bees already monitors the usage of the word "ban" and any derivatives thereof, so maybe this word will soon join it. Peace be with you, my brethren.

First, I believe in the end he will be Syracuse Orange.

Second, Kentucky has offers and interest to other highly ranked players (and big men) and already has a commitment from Big man Skal Labissiere.

Third, when did Thomas Bryant become the next Lebron James, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the minds of Syracuse fans ?

Don't see the connection between these guys. Lebron was never going to college, and SU basketball in 1967 had no shot at Lew Alcindor. The more apt comparison would be Nerlens Noel.