Syracuse vs Albany highlights | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs Albany highlights

I wonder if anyone besides Mullins / Wardwell knew where the ball was in the hidden ball trick. And I wonder how Mullins communicated with Staats to know a pass was coming. Funny thing is, while watching it live on TV, I had no idea where ball was and my wife goes, "he never gave it to the goalie".

It will be interesting to see who starts on goal next week. I thought, even though Lamo made some amazing saves, that Wardwell played much better. Decisions, decisions...

Well, that almost sucked.

Daddio made great improvement in winning the initial draw, but at times he seemed totally clueless on what to do with the ball after he won it. 3 unforced turnovers. Shouldn't be happening to a senior. :(

Four failed clears. I miss Matt Abbott. :mad:

Randy Staats is the real deal. :)

It almost as if someone has commanded him to get rid of the ball ASAP whenever he wins the draw. Rather than protect his stick and get to open space, he constantly forced passes or tried to pop the ball back out of his stuck to himself (whether he was covered or not).

OrangeXtreme said:
Well, that almost sucked. Daddio made great improvement in winning the initial draw, but at times he seemed totally clueless on what to do with the ball after he won it. 3 unforced turnovers. Shouldn't be happening to a senior. :( Four failed clears. I miss Matt Abbott. :mad: Randy Staats is the real deal. :)

did anyone in the room ask about the hidden ball or did i miss it?
i heard desk0 post game saying he was fooled also. man the albany attack is fast and shifty.
and the blind over the head shot by myles (?) was sick.
nice bounce by the schooner for the winner. portland kid got some game.

Did Palasak play? He's not in box score. What's up?

That was a very good win indeed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Albany again in post-season play. Believe or not Daddio was 24-36 at the face-off X, but the Albany face-off guys are 1st year starters.

The clearing game with the long poles was very shaky. There was at least 3 failed clears and even when they did clear it was an adventure.

Agree with OrangeXtreme that Randy is the real deal (5 g 2 a). The ball was in his stick in OT and also just before halftime when he scored to tie it up with 3 second left.

I'm quite sure Palasak did not play. I was wondering the same myself.

The rugged part of the schedule has only just begun.

He played on the man down unit, other then that he didn't get any other PT.
Interesting - he does not appear in the box score at all.

Attachments

• SU-Albany 2.16.14.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 38
Yeah I didnt see Palasek last night but we need him! I dont know if the Def right now will alst the year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom