Syracuse will never be the same ... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse will never be the same ...

cto

Administrator
For more than a decade, my trips to Syracuse always included visits with Kelly Seubert and Chris Gedney. Lunches, dinners, chats in their offices, getting together before and after games. They were both wonderful, kind, thoughtful people. We shared laughs, drinks, gossip...the kind of things friends do.

Kelly, who was Jim Boeheim's executive assistant, died in August. Chris, an SU football legend and and associate athletic director, died last week. They were both young enough to be my children. I truly loved them both, and I miss them both so much.

When I said a final good-bye to Chris at his funeral today, I realized trips to Syracuse will never be the same for me.

Last edited:
For more than a decade, my trips to Syracuse always included visits with Kelly Seubert and Chris Gedney. Lunches, dinners, chats in their offices, getting together before and after games. They were both wonderful, kind, thoughtful people. We shared laughs, drinks, gossip...the kind of things friends do.

Kelly, who was Jim Boeheim's executive assistant, died in August. Chris, who was a football legend and and associate athletic director, died last week. I truly loved them both, and I miss them both so much.

When I said a final good-bye to Chris at his funeral today, I realized trips to Syracuse will never be the same for me.

I live in the neighborhood and wanted to pay my respects to a true Syracuse son, so I attended the funeral. Very well done. Tim Ahern’s eulogy was truly remarkable.

I think your relationship with Chris is indicative of how he connected with so many. He will be missed immensely.

Two of my favorite stories about Chris.

1) One night after a game at MSG, Chris and Matt Palumb invited Barbara Boeheim and me to go to a neighborhood bar that had been recommended to them. It turned out to be a topless stripper bar...a truly seedy joint named "Bikini Bar." We laughed about it for years, and we never let Chris forget it.

2) SU was in Philly for the Lacrosse Final Four one year, and Chris invited me to a party at a boat house along the Schuylkill River. Parking on the street was practically non-existent, but there was one small spot left. Chris said he could not possibly parallel-park his large suv there; I told him he could. He then proved he couldn't. So I told him to move over... and I parked it perfectly. We also laughed about that for years.

Silly stories, but to me they showed the very human side of a truly wonderful person and dear friend.

Last edited:

Kelly, who was Jim Boeheim's executive assistant, died in August. Chris, who was an SU football legend and and associate athletic director, died last week. I truly loved them both, and I miss them both so much.

Thank you for introducing me to him in December.

Kelly, who was Jim Boeheim's executive assistant, died in August. Chris, who was an SU football legend and and associate athletic director, died last week. I truly loved them both, and I miss them both so much.

Best wishes to you Joyce and of course his family in this tough time.

I am very sorry.

You know Joyce it’s funny. I never personally met Chris...but this loss has me in tears. He was truly one of us Orange bond-wise. All that infectious, positive energy...it’s hard to comprehend him being gone so soon.

I just donated to the fund for his kids. I hope everybody will consider doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of my favorite stories about Chris.

1) One night after a game at MSG, Chris and Matt Palumb invited Barbara Boeheim and me to go to a neighborhood bar that had been recommended to them. It turned out to be a topless stripper bar...a truly seedy joint named "Bikini Bar." We laughed about it for years, and we never let Chris forget it.

2) SU was in Philly for the Lacrosse Final Four one year, and Chris invited me to a party at a boat house along the Schuylkill River. Parking on the street was practically non-existent, but there was one small spot left. Chris said he could not possibly parallel-park his large suv there; I told him he could. He then proved he couldn't. So I told him to move over... and I parked it perfectly. We also laughed about that for years.

Silly stories, but to me they showed the very human side of a truly wonderful person and dear friend.

Great stories -- thanks for sharing. You can probably expect a PM from JarHeadJim requesting the address of the topless stripper bar.

I just donated to the fund for his kids. I hope everybody will considering doing so.
Thanks, Frozen. Donations are tax deductible, and all donations will be put into one of those tax-exempt funds for educational expenses. It will be administered by Seely Gedney, Chris's wife. Chris's youngest daughter (whom he loved so much) is a special needs child, so the educational expenses will be significant.

Here is the info: A fund has been established by the Syracuse Football Club to aid in the future support of Chris Gedney's children. Donations can be made to: Syracuse Football Club, PO Box 15009, Syracuse, NY 13215, or call Barb Nesci with a credit card at 315-884-4444.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom