Syracuse Women | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Women

Fun to watch. Freshman Gabby Cooper with 5 threes in the 1st quarter. Utica-Notre Dame HS grad Emily Durr is a standout for Iowa St. If they can shoot like this from 3 they'll have a chance vs UConn.

They seem a bit annoyed that they were underseeded as an 8 seed in Connecticut's regional.

Not sure they were underseeded. No big wins and a few disappointing losses (Drexel?). At least they won a game and have a chance to make history.

It's such a joke the NCAA screwing SU with an 8 seed. It was unfair to Iowa St and the entire tournament. No way SU should be racing UConn in the second game.

I did note when the "underseeded" point was raised last week that there was 31 teams that had more top 50 wins than Syracuse. Seemed reasonable to place us as an 8 seed based on that, but at that same time I did not look at it any deeper than that... and it's not always that simple.

It's such a joke the NCAA screwing SU with an 8 seed. It was unfair to Iowa St and the entire tournament. No way SU should be racing UConn in the second game.
In Connecticut no less.

21st in the country. Coming off a NC game last year. Given an 8 seed was bull. Should have been a 6.

They beat #4 seed Miami and #6 NC St, #9 Mich St head to head and lost by 5 to #1 seed Notre Dame during the season. As Bees said they were definitely underseeded by 2 seeds and shouldn't meet UConn till the regional finals in 2 more games. Tough enough luck to be placed in UConn's bracket but to be have such a bogus seed on top of it - that wasn't just luck - it was bull.

If UConn was not so dominant, it would appear to be appear to be a similar situation to Villanova ending up with Wisconsin as a team that ended on the 8 line for some strange reason.

I don't think UConn is afraid of anybody around those lines.

They seem a bit annoyed that they were underseeded as an 8 seed in Connecticut's regional.

You can see NCAA hate Syracuse University. Syracuse women is ranked on top 25 all year. They put it on UConn's bracket just to make sure Syracuse cannot reach Sweet 16.

#YnotUS

And after we end that winning streak at 108 games, I will be coming to the games next weekend.
Let's make a point to the NCAA...don't mess with us.

In college sports history, and that's no hyperbole.
Even up there in sports history period. Uconn has been all over the media the last few years as the most dominant team period. 4 titles in a row, 100something win streak. The difference btw #1 uconn and a team ranked in the twenties is miles more than in the men's game. Would you equate it to a 1 beating a 16?

The distinction doesn't really matter. If Syracuse could pull off this upset...just wow

And now I'll re-read OrangeXtreme's post and sober up quick.

They will need a "safe place" to be in since they aren't exactly playing the Sisters of Mercy!