Syracuse WR Brisly Estime 'definitely' going to return punts this season, Fred Reed says (PS: Mink) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse WR Brisly Estime 'definitely' going to return punts this season, Fred Reed says (PS: Mink)

Estime will be fun as hell to watch.

Go to the 1:30 mark... Thank you Bris.

Truthfully, I don't think Desir is bad as a PR. Estime just brings a dynamic few can.

I am so happy we're not over thinking this.

I am so happy we're not over thinking this.

Well...

"There's going to be times when Ritchy needs to be out there and we need to secure the ball and give the ball back to our offense. There's going to be times when we want Brisly out there because we want to make sure we get a potential big play. That's how we're going to approach it going into it."

Well...

"There's going to be times when Ritchy needs to be out there and we need to secure the ball and give the ball back to our offense. There's going to be times when we want Brisly out there because we want to make sure we get a potential big play. That's how we're going to approach it going into it."
I read that to mean Ritchy fields punts expected to land inside the 30 unless we need a score late.

Reactions: 007
I think that Desir was a cut above what we've fielded at punt return for the last 10 years--which isn't saying much. He's average.

Estime clearly has more dynamic playmaking potential. There's a reason that the staff gambled putting him in on that play during the bowl game. And the gamble paid off.

I think that Desir was a cut above what we've fielded at punt return for the last 10 years--which isn't saying much. He's average.

Estime clearly has more dynamic playmaking potential. There's a reason that the staff gambled putting him in on that play during the bowl game. And the gamble paid off.

The thing with Desir is...he catches everything and he is very, very good at not letting the ball hit the ground. I fully understand why the staff values what Desir brings to the table.

Having said that, give me Estime at PR.

Estime gives us our closest Quinton Spotwood look back there. You can't go wrong with either Desir or Estime, but Estime definitely has the wiggle, quickness and speed to go the distance.

Estime gives us our closest Quinton Spotwood look back there. You can't go wrong with either Desir or Estime, but Estime definitely has the wiggle, quickness and speed to go the distance.
Yes and he is also very valuable on the offense. Have to pick the right spots if you want to have him returning some punts. Depends on field position and scouting the opposition punter. Desir made a lot of fair catches inside the 20 and others when the punting team had great coverage.

Well...

That's what I get for commenting without reading the article.
Yes and he is also very valuable on the offense. Have to pick the right spots if you want to have him returning some punts. Depends on field position and scouting the opposition punter. Desir made a lot of fair catches inside the 20 and others when the punting team had great coverage.
I really disagree with this. All the spots are the right spots for Estime, so long as he's healthy.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Salt Badger on punt return.

No problem with Desir going back to handle punts where opponent is inside SU's 50 trying to pin the offense deep and a fair-catch is likely (and the possibility of a fake is also more likely to occur). You want a guy back there who makes the right decision-even if it's the safe play.

No problem with Desir going back to handle punts where opponent is inside SU's 50 trying to pin the offense deep and a fair-catch is likely (and the possibility of a fake is also more likely to occur). You want a guy back there who makes the right decision-even if it's the safe play.

Me either. Desir can catch and has a good head on his shoulders. No problem with making the PR position more of a specialized role. It's nice to know though that we do have a guy that's dynamic and can make things happen like Estime if we need it.